Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Putting the German 8 Tor up on the work dolly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
I hope this aint a bad omen but all the cars that have gone on this dolly of death have been parted out. sawzall-smiley.gif No im not killing this one but it is getting a windshield put backon, ugly roll cage cut out, new cage put in, V8 and its required items, and a new paint job. And I still never drove this car wacko.gif
rick 918-S
Larry, Have you ever driven one? any 914? You are a big guy. You may want to check your fit in the drivers seat of someone elses car... huh.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ May 13 2005, 08:37 AM)
Larry, Have you ever driven one? any 914? You are a big guy. You may want to check your fit in the drivers seat of someone elses car... huh.gif

Nope never driven one.... But I did stay at a Holiday Inn wink.gif I had to use that biggrin.gif Actually no I have not driven one but I figure with no dash and reworking the cage so the cross bar goes over the strerng wheel shaft use the quick disconect hub for the wheel on a shortened shaft, and tilt the seat back a little I can fit long enough for short track bursts. If it sucks to bad I can always sell it off and get an ass drager sad.gif Any way it is up on the stand smile.gif
spare time toys
just a little over 24 inches ground clearance to work with. It puts it at a good workinh height
spare time toys
side view
messix
good god thats one frankenstien ugly roll cage. looks like the navy built it. welder.gif

nice to see your gonna fix that
spare time toys
QUOTE (messix @ May 13 2005, 11:25 AM)
good god thats one frankenstien ugly roll cage. looks like the navy built it. welder.gif

nice to see your gonna fix that

I know but thats how the guy did it back in 1972 wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.