Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Font
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
forrestkhaag
Does anyone know the "name" of the font for the 914-6 insignia on the rear of the car?

And is there a file of that font available out there?

Thanks
beerchug.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jun 17 2017, 08:30 AM) *

Does anyone know the "name" of the font for the 914-6 insignia on the rear of the car?

Thanks
beerchug.gif

Ahhhh..... The Google challenged

http://www.fontpalace.com/font-download/SK+Porsche/

Of course if you make anything for sale with that font I will need to report you to Porsche legal team for copyright infringement.
euro911
How does that file work?

How do you access it when typing a document?
screenguy914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 17 2017, 10:44 AM) *

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jun 17 2017, 08:30 AM) *

Thanks
beerchug.gif

Ahhhh..... The Google challenged

http://www.fontpalace.com/font-download/SK+Porsche/

Of course if you make anything for sale with that font I will need to report you to Porsche legal team for copyright infringement.

Try Eurostile Extended, bold or regular. It's pretty close.

If Porsche owns the copyright for that font design, they might try to restrict the use of the letters of the alphabet. However, I'm pretty sure they've protected just the Porsche name in that style which they may or may not own. I can't see them developing an entire alpha-numeric set and prevent the use of a Q, T or the number 2.

Most fonts are copyrighted. Some are in the public domain and free to use for your logos, design, etc. Some are near copies called by a different name. The copyright owner(s) has licensed their use to Microsoft and/or Apple for computer fonts or to anyone for additional computer fonts or for traditional graphic design purposes.

The Adobe Type library probably has 15-20K fonts in their collection. They license type faces and represent the copyright owner.

Sherwood

euro911
Let me ask again (since I'm nerd challenged)

I downloaded the "SK+Porsche" file, how do I add it to a font library (if that's even the correct terminology) unsure.gif

(running a MAC)
arne
On a Mac, find and open Font Book in either Applications or Utilities, and look for import or add to library options in the menus. If the file you downloaded is compatible format (and I think it is as I have it in my Mac Mini in the garage), once it imports it should be available to Select it from the font menu in any application. It may not be sorted strictly alphabetically, so you may have to scroll slowly through the list to find it.
7TPorsh
Better font..... 914
euro911
Thanks for the fonts

Click to view attachment

rolleyes.gif
7TPorsh
EEEEEHHHHHHH!!!!!!
McMark
There is no font that matches it accurately. But the lettering style is pretty easily traced in a vector drawing app (Adobe Illustrator). It's just straight lines and two different radius circles. So it's pretty easy for someone fluent in Illustrator to draw it up.
forrestkhaag
Thanks for the plethora of info / there is enough data therein to get me started on a sample 3D 914-SEX, 912-EEEEAHHH, 914-6 GT etc.
beerchug.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jun 19 2017, 08:25 AM) *

Better font..... 914

I think I got those to work in Inkscape last week, I have not compared them to ones I was sent in Fusion 360 (autocad) format.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.