Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Bath Filter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1adam12
Reinstalling/Replacing my vacuum lines and just about ready to reinstall the oil bath filter on my 1.7L set up. Does anyone have some decent images of installed oil bath on their early model? Looking for the best way to orientate the top and bottom halves of the unit.

The way I bought this car, the hose connecting the top snorkel was interfering with the throttle spring.

Thanks!
1adam12
Okay, I thought it would be better to show how I've remounted the oil bath. From my online searches, it seems that the previous owner replaced the oem intake tube with a flex hose. I cut the flex hose down a bit which left a little gap from the throttle spring return.
Tbone425
Just put mine back together todayClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
1970 Neun vierzehn
These pics are from my '70. I have kept the engine compartment OEM as of the January 1970 build date.

Hope this helps you.

Paul
Dave_Darling
I think Mikey is making 1.7 intake pipes now. Check with him for a proper replacement.

--DD
1adam12
Thank you all for the images they are very helpful. I'm definitely interested in picking up Mickey's intake pipe to clean things up a bit. Paul, your engine bay is impressive!
mark04usa
I have not ever seen an original oil bath air cleaner oriented as Paul has his on his Jan '70 1.7, and I worked in a Porsche dealer service dept. in the mid to late '70's, and have owned a Jan '70 1.7 for 41 years. Don't see that it makes a whole lot of difference, except it just doesn't look right to me...sorry Paul confused24.gif , I do love your yellow car beerchug.gif

Here is some info from the owner's manual, note the last bit about alinging the top and bottom of the filter assembly:
Click to view attachment

Here is a photo of alignment marks that I have always used to line mine up:

Click to view attachment
1970 Neun vierzehn
Mark,
Does this "alignment" look more in keeping with what you recall? (note that the incorrect blower hose has been replaced with the proper item).

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.