Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The things you find on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Marlow
When someone claims "Rust Free" do they really mean "the rust is included at no extra charge"?

Kinda like "Going Out for Business" instead of "Going Out of Business"? Just a play on words?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=34208
tat2dphreak
that's our good friend Greg too! biggrin.gif

GaroldShaffer
Turn up the volume on your computer. I didn't know you could send a audio clip on ebay confused24.gif
Root_Werks
It only looks like surface rust, even recent, but dang, would have thought someone would have thrown some flat black over the thing or something? rolleyes.gif
TravisNeff
"Hard to beleive but I got my hands on an original factory used pedal cluster that is rust free"

It's like reading the freakin comics... wacko.gif
Marlow
I know that Greg is trying to turn AA's image around but then he posts something like this . . .
scruz914
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ May 13 2005, 07:18 AM)

Isn't this a different Greg?

Porsche Rescue
"Even rebuilt these go for more than $350.00"
I have one I'll let him have for $250 and he can make a quick hundred!
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (scruz914 @ May 13 2005, 10:38 AM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ May 13 2005, 07:18 AM)

Isn't this a different Greg?

my bad... who'd have thought they had more than 1 greg hawking 914 parts for AA...

to greg treadway... I apologize... to this greg: finger.gif
Marlow
My apologies to Greg Treadway too (didn't realized there were two AA "Gregs") . . . but this kind of bullshit isn't helping AA's reputation at all.

SirAndy
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ May 13 2005, 08:23 AM)
It only looks like surface rust, even recent

agree.gif i have to agree, the surface rust seems recent, besides that it looks to be in good shape ...

i have seen worse. much, much, much worse ...
cool_shades.gif Andy

PS: you guys need to turn up the brightness on your screens a bit ... rolleyes.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (porsche914blue @ May 13 2005, 07:55 AM)
My apologies to Greg Treadway too (didn't realized there were two AA "Gregs") . . . but this kind of bullshit isn't helping AA's reputation at all.

With all the name changing and different accounts out of that place, don't be so sure it's not our very own Mr. Treadway. Ya never know ................. They can send me every one of those $350 customers, and I'll make a fortune! "Impossible to get apart", yet it's apart already? They now can do the impossible? How ya gonna get your "impossible to get apart" assembly to get the clutch pedal out so you can install it in your new, rust free, unit? "Impossible" is getting MY business .......... Bet they can't do THAT! The Cap'n, gettin' REALLY tired of being treated as stupid by AA ...................... I wasn't born on the turnip truck, ya know ....................
Marlow
Even if it is just "surface rust", doesn't that mean it's no longer "rust free"?

I know it's getting technical but "rust free" technically means NO rust, zero, zilch, nada, nothing. If it's orange it should be paint ohmy.gif

Just bugs the crap out of me ar15.gif
Eric_Shea
Woooooooooooo Hoooooooooooo... I'm rich, I'm rich, I'm rich!!! w00t.gif

I've just raised my price to $350.00 (maybe I should go "well over" $350 idea.gif )

Fear not. 914club members get an "Instant" $221.00 discount!!

To all the cats in the "other" thread that were going to give AA a try... now's your chance laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (porsche914blue @ May 13 2005, 09:26 AM)
Even if it is just "surface rust", doesn't that mean it's no longer "rust free"?
I know it's getting technical but "rust free" technically means NO rust, zero, zilch, nada, nothing. If it's orange it should be paint

i don't know ...
to me "rust" is cancer. the "sorry remnants of metal" flaking off, the "poking holes into it" kind of rust.

surface rust doesn't bother me, it's easily taken care of and not terminal ...

i guess we just look at things differently ...
beerchug.gif Andy
Marlow
Surface rust doesn't bother me either . . . it's when someone claims that something is "rust free" when it isn't.

Wouldn't it bug you if you went to buy a car that the owner swears was "rust free" over the phone, yet when you showed up to inspect it the thing is covered with surface rust? I'd feel insulted slap.gif .
Root_Werks
QUOTE (SirAndy @ May 13 2005, 08:37 AM)
QUOTE (porsche914blue @ May 13 2005, 09:26 AM)
I know it's getting technical but "rust free" technically means NO rust, zero, zilch, nada, nothing.  If it's orange it should be paint

i don't know ...
to me "rust" is cancer. the "sorry remnants of metal" flaking off, the "poking holes into it" kind of rust.

surface rust doesn't bother me, it's easily taken care of and not terminal ...

i guess we just look at things differently ...
beerchug.gif Andy

That glass is half empty, not half full! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.