Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: correct door cards
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
enf2232
Recently puchased new door cards. Padding at top of door/base of window is larger than original such that the window crank hits the padding. Did I receive the correct cards for MY 72, or perhaps doors have been swapped out at some point? Wanted to get some thoughts before I cut covering on passenger side.

Photos are driver's side with crank hitting pad of new card. Passenger side with old card and crank. Passenger side old and new for comparison.
Mikey914
Where did you get the door cards. This doesn't look right. There are also differences in structure of the early vs late too.
enf2232
I got them from you, 914 rubber. I sent you a PM yesterday as well
Mikey914
Try sending the PM again, I did not get one from you. I do understand now why when you put these together it don't look correct. The early is constructed differently than the late. the early has a metal top that defines the bolster. The late was made from a one piece fiber board. Ours is like the late in that it on piece and molded to the door. I'll drop you a PM and see it we can make this work for you.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.