Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another member has passed away. 0396
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
This deserves its own thread.

Peter, 0396 a Southern California member, has passed away of cancer a few weeks back.
It was mentioned in Jeff Tucker thread but I think we should have a separate thread for those not following that thread any longer.

RIP brother.
Larmo63
OH NOOO!!!!! He was a really good guy, I last saw him at Bruce's event (and he didn't look good)

Damn, good guy, Porsche guy through and through. Geez.

RIP Peter, I will cherish the /6 gauges I got from you.
Mueller
RIP Peter,

Super nice guy, before we had ever met he offered me a seat as a passenger for a WCR drive many moons ago in his GT2, what a blast that was.

We kept in contact thru the years giving each other updates about our cars and projects. I knew he was sick and a few times he'd respond to my emails while he was at the hospital during a visit.

We didn't correspond a lot, but it was always good to see his reply.

Dion
Rest In Peace Peter.
So sorry. Condolences to his family.
EdwardBlume
RIP- may your roads be curvy in heaven!
db9146
Oh my goodness...so sorry to hear about Peter. I live on the other side of the country but had "met" Peter by phone and email. I knew he was suffering with some health challenges. So sorry to hear.

siverson
Very sad. A good guy.

-Steve
76-914
sad.gif
mtn flyr
Wow, sad.gif bought parts for my six from him not that long ago, he was great to deal with. RIP my friend.
Blue6
Visited with Peter and his wife in the hospital, and we talked Porsche. Larmo was right, Peter was Porsche through and through. Nice and knowledgeable guy. Rest In Peace Peter. God speed at Nurburgring....
Cairo94507
God speed Peter. Condolences to your family.
914dave
RIP. Sad news. Condolences for his friends and family.
IronHillRestorations
So sad, prayers for his family and loved ones.
sb914
Rip peter .. soooo sorry to hear this
ThePaintedMan
Gutted to hear this. Peter was a very nice guy and lended some great advice. It says a lot about the man that he never notified anyone here that he was sick. Seems he kept his pride until the end. Godspeed buddy.
cali914
Prayers to his family, so many people dying lately. I guess death is part of life it's just such a hard pill to swallow.
McMark
sad.gif
colingreene
Im going to really miss Peter, I would text him regularly about Porsche stuff.
He was always a huge help to me and others.
The wheels on my car are from him and thats pretty neat to me.
I did visit him in the hospital, his wife said you dont have to stay here hospitals are horrible, but i enjoyed just talking with him it really did not matter.
You could tell his real joy was his Porsche cars and his family.
I felt really lucky that he invited me out to his home to see his 914 and his GT2, It only had about 3600 miles on it.
I just hope that his parts and his cars if they have to go will go to homes that enjoy them, but im sure they will.
Rest In Peace Peter, I am sorry you are gone.
914Sixer
Damm, another one gone. I hope the best for the family.
green914
RIP sad.gif
rhodyguy
condolences.
Mark Henry
RIP Peter.
I bought my NIB /6 Web cams from him, good guy.

He'll be missed. sad.gif
Montreal914
R.I.P. sad.gif
Chris H.
sad.gif

Another one I can't imagine the board without.
6freak
Dang!.....R.I.P
porbmw
sad.gif

Very sorry to hear this.
I have Peter to thank for some French rear lenses....and, as a result of that purchase, came into fairly continuous email contact with him at the beginning of 2017 and on.
He confided in me that he was terminal, and day to day.
It seemed obvious that he lived and breathed Porsches, and would help where he could.

I temper my comments with this. One might note that his communications in "theworld" ended some time before his passing. He confided that his departure from "theworld" was preceding his imminent departure, because of words/posts of certain members of on this site, re his offering for sale of his 6... In his words, he did not have the energy to counter what he perceived to be kneejerk and unwarranted statements, etc.

Not the best way to leave the world.
mb911
QUOTE(porbmw @ Jun 19 2017, 02:11 PM) *

sad.gif

Very sorry to hear this.
I have Peter to thank for some French rear lenses....and, as a result of that purchase, came into fairly continuous email contact with him at the beginning of 2017 and on.
He confided in me that he was terminal, and day to day.
It seemed obvious that he lived and breathed Porsches, and would help where he could.

I temper my comments with this. One might note that his communications in "theworld" ended some time before his passing. He confided that his departure from "theworld" was preceding his imminent departure, because of words/posts of certain members of on this site, re his offering for sale of his 6... In his words, he did not have the energy to counter what he perceived to be kneejerk and unwarranted statements, etc.

Not the best way to leave the world.

I have had a very similar experience with Peter and comments. Peter was a great guy..
boogie_man
sad.gif sad.gif
Larmo63
Even from the hospital bed, all Peter wanted to talk about was Porsches and giving me tips on my /6 conversion build. He didn't complain about his dire circumstance, but he did think there were a few here who took it too far. I can cut them only a little slack because they didn't know the circumstances of his health issues being the reason for some of his sales. He was selling stuff to get it to the right people, as he didn't think his family would know how to properly get rid of some of it.

A cool cat, even up to the end.... shades.gif

r_towle
Sounds like a great guy with a big heart.
Rest In Peace!
rick 918-S
I had a few conversations with him over the last 2 years. He agreed to sell a NOS left front fender for my 6. I was very thankful. He knew his time was short. He battled cancer over a long period of time. Never complained. Took the stance of a realist. I asked him how he was doing. He said "I'm dying" No drama. I will think of him often. I hope if I ever get terminally ill it will handle it with as much grace as he did.
Maltese Falcon
...never knew that he was seriously I'll sad.gif . Rest in Peace , my condolences to his Family.
euro911
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 19 2017, 08:33 PM) *
I had a few conversations with him over the last 2 years. He agreed to sell a NOS left front fender for my 6. I was very thankful. He new his time was short. He battled cancer over a long period of time. Never complained. Took the stance of a realist. I asked him how he was doing. He said "I'm dying" No drama. I will think of him often. I hope if I ever get terminally ill it will handle it with as much grace as he did.
I packed that fender up ... wink.gif ... poke.gif

Some may not know but Peter was stuck in City of Hope for an extended period of time, but he always kept up with the goings on on the board. I was amazed at how he kept his spirits up. He had a wealth of knowledge and I will miss talking with him sad.gif

Again, my condolences to his family and his many friends.
914-300Hemi
Very sad to hear that news. RIP.
At least at City of Hope he received the best care possible.
whitetwinturbo
blink.gif always a sad moment............
Luke M
I just bought a NOS part from him two months ago.. Nice guy to deal with.

RIP and my condolences to his family.
Mueller
Going thru my PM's and found a few from Peter which I won't delete. He was nice enough to share pictures of a few of his projects and cars that not many knew he had or at least he didn't post about them here that I saw too much, does anyone know what is happening with his collection?

Sad to think of how many PM's I have from members no longer with us sad.gif

mepstein
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 19 2018, 01:52 PM) *

Going thru my PM's and found a few from Peter which I won't delete. He was nice enough to share pictures of a few of his projects and cars that not many knew he had or at least he didn't post about them here that I saw too much, does anyone know what is happening with his collection?

Sad to think of how many PM's I have from members no longer with us sad.gif

I talked with him quite a bit last year. Super nice guy. I had bought a six oil tank but got a six oil cooler - worked out anyway. I don't think his family really knew what was what, when they shipped parts for him. Hopefully they had help getting it sorted.
sixnotfour
sad.gif
Lou W
So sorry to hear this, another part of the So Cal Contingent ph34r.gif RIP
Maltese Falcon
Rest in Peace , condolences to family and friends ...will miss his posts here sad.gif
horizontally-opposed
Ended up conversing with him a fair bit through 914world, and came to really appreciate him. He was clearly passionate about both his 914 and his GT2, and was also clearly passionate about his parts getting to the right places. I respected his take on that, and respect him all the more as I read these posts.

Condolences to his family, and those who knew him. RIP, Peter.
PanelBilly
RIP
sixaddict
RIP old friend..
Met Peter here and he would not let me disclose his dire circumstances ...In fact would not allow me to take up for him on issues.
I wanted to buy his 914-6 but price was too high but I could not in good conscience tell him.
Car was really well built. I hated that he withdrew from the forum because he felt he was dicked around on a post .
He WAS a true enthusiast in all senses of the word.
mepstein
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Jan 19 2018, 10:34 PM) *

RIP old friend..
Met Peter here and he would not let me disclose his dire circumstances ...In fact would not allow me to take up for him on issues.
I wanted to buy his 914-6 but price was too high but I could not in good conscience tell him.
Car was really well built. I hated that he withdrew from the forum because he felt he was dicked around on a post .
He WAS a true enthusiast in all senses of the word.

I told him all his stuff was priced too high. He laughed and said I was probably right. I don't think he really wanted to sell but knew he should. He did like talking Porsche's and had some good stories.
euro911
He let me have some really nice parts at dirt-cheap prices confused24.gif

It was nice to see him show up to my Lift Party back in 2012 ... glad he had some 'free time' between his lengthy hospital stays sad.gif It looked like he was winning the battle for a while.
orthobiz
Terrible news. A few pics of Peter and his cars would be much appreciated!

Paul
ConeDodger
Sadly, I never met him. I went through my PM’s to see if I ever had any off forum contact and I did. He PM’d me a couple years back and said “hey! I thought you were going to call me and shoot the shit about your car set up.” Two minutes later he PM’d again to say “sorry, wrong number.” He must have met someone at an event who he wanted to pick their brain.

campbellcj
Very sorry to hear. RIP Peter.
Mueller
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jan 19 2018, 06:08 PM) *

Ended up conversing with him a fair bit through 914world, and came to really appreciate him. He was clearly passionate about both his 914 and his GT2, and was also clearly passionate about his parts getting to the right places. I respected his take on that, and respect him all the more as I read these posts.

Condolences to his family, and those who knew him. RIP, Peter.

I was his passenger in his GT2 for a WCR fun run that I went to years ago down in the LA area, I think he had less than 2500 miles on the car at the time. That car was a blast and he never really opened it up since he was observing the break in period.

I have pictures of all of cars, but out of respect for him I cannot post since he asked me not to at the time. Maybe new owners of vehicles will show up one of these days.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.