Full Version: 19 th Porsche victory at le Mans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Montreal914
Merci! driving.gif
JmuRiz
Highlights - Lowlights, all the same right biggrin.gif

What a strange race!
Dave_Darling
From 57th position to the overall win. Pretty amazing!

The #2 919 won a 24 hour race and only needed 23 hours to do it! (They spent something like an hour in the pits early on, supposedly.)

There was a good stretch (15 minutes? 30 minutes??) where the #1 car was leading the race over all--while it was sitting on the side of the track with an expired engine! They had that big a lead...

In the end, there were precisely two cars in the top category that finished! And the Toyota was well down in the results.

--DD
76-914
A repeat for Toyota. Poor guys are Snake Bit aren't they? And what about the Corvette Team? That was a costly detour he took! I never heard if he was forced out or came in too fast? Anyone know? beerchug.gif
csdilligaf
Who bumped the Ferrari 488 off track at 2:20 in the video? Seemed a little rough don't you think? Is there a penalty for that or is it just the bump and grind of racing?
Larmo63
What was with the bump of the Ferrari? That looked like payback for something?

WTF.gif
JmuRiz
Just one of the crappy LMP2 drivers, at times it looked like ameture hour in that class.
TheCabinetmaker
That lmp2 driver was penalized 7 minutes in the pits. Looked absolutely deliberate to me.
johannes
Lots of "out of my way" moves ...
Alphaogre
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jun 19 2017, 06:22 PM) *

Just one of the crappy LMP2 drivers, at times it looked like ameture hour in that class.

Yea, I saw Tom Christiansen talking about how all the crashes in the first half were "silver" drivers.

It's hard because most of them bring a lot of the funding to the table, so if you keep them out many of the teams would not be able to run.

I do think it's weird that they don't mandate a certain number of years in GTE and work their way up...
Alphaogre
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 19 2017, 04:25 PM) *

In the end, there were precisely two cars in the top category that finished! And the Toyota was well down in the results.

--DD

Yea, the attrition was pretty bad this year. Though I noticed sometimes the LMP1's are so impatient that they are running way out onto the side and getting pretty bounced around and beat up, which probably doesn't really help with durability.
Darren C
I was very lucky to have had a private viewing with the winning Le Mans car, drivers & engineers and got to hold the 2017 1st Place Trophy

IPB Image

And......just for you guy's on 914World, I wore my 2016 Build of Challenge T Shirt !

IPB Image

Made a great talking point with the Porsche factory team too.

Dave_Darling
You might want to upload those pics directly to the 914world server. Looks like Photobucket isn't happy about letting you post them here.

--DD
Rleog
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 19 2017, 08:19 PM) *

A repeat for Toyota. Poor guys are Snake Bit aren't they? And what about the Corvette Team? That was a costly detour he took! I never heard if he was forced out or came in too fast? Anyone know? beerchug.gif

Prior to the "costly detour" the Corvette and Aston Martin bumped together at the 90 degree corner called Arnage. That bump resulted in a gradual loss of pressure in one of the Corvette's left side tires, causing the car to be a real handful under hard braking, leading to the detour. Advantage Aston Martin after that bump.

Sad. Ricky Taylor had been doing a great job holding off the Aston Martin.
Darren C
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 2 2017, 12:39 AM) *

You might want to upload those pics directly to the 914world server. Looks like Photobucket isn't happy about letting you post them here.

--DD

Thanks Dave,

Seems Photobucket are holding their members to Ransom as of yesterday after "updating" their terms & conditions you now have to pay $40 a month to allow "sharing" of your images on forums etc.

There's a riot about to breakout!

How'd you upload directly on here?

Regards
Darren
Dave_Darling
Instead of "fast reply", hit the "add reply" button. Underneath the emoji pane on the left you will see a small pane that says "File Attachments". Browse for a file to upload, then click "add this attachment". When that comes back, there will be an "add into post" button, which you click to add the picture into the post.

Do not click the "preview post" button, just "Add This" when you are done with the post.

Here is the how-to post on the subject, with pictures:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637

--DD
76-914
QUOTE(Rleog @ Jul 1 2017, 06:18 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 19 2017, 08:19 PM) *

Prior to the "costly detour" the Corvette and Aston Martin bumped together at the 90 degree corner called Arnage. That bump resulted in a gradual loss of pressure in one of the Corvette's left side tires, causing the car to be a real handful under hard braking, leading to the detour. Advantage Aston Martin after that bump.

Sad. Ricky Taylor had been doing a great job holding off the Aston Martin.

Hey thx for that explanation from a wanna be! biggrin.gif I did notice the problem got worse with time. If not for that incident, who knows? beerchug.gif
Darren C
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Thanks Dave,

Hopefully this works guys,,,
914-300Hemi
Great pictures. Thank you for sharing.
914_teener
QUOTE(Darren C @ Jul 2 2017, 12:40 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Thanks Dave,

Hopefully this works guys,,,

Whoa.....man you are a lucky man.

Thanks for sharing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.