Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meet The 1,160-HP Porsche 911 GT2 RSR: The Best 996 In The World
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
autosspeed
It's a performance bargain, relatively speaking.

Air-cooled Porsche 911s are becoming increasingly expensive. One collection sold for $6.3 million at auction – or about $780,000 per vehicle. Another well-worn RSR, meanwhile, went for $2.25 million. For those of you not looking to drop nearly seven figures on a air-cooled example, why not opt for this water-cooled 996 with a healthy dose of modifications?

Meet The 1,160-HP Porsche 911 GT2 RSR: The Best 996 In The World
colingreene
because its jank as shit.
euro911
I fell in love with the SWB 911s (and 912s) when I was a mere lad, and don't envision ever buying one later than a '67 biggrin.gif
funk
sure the more modern vehicles have their appeal but really some seem to be nothing more than thin sheet metal bodies filled with 600 pounds of plastic and such. not very
interesting. Worthless? Sure you can put 50 grand into any car? one day they will be vintage classics. Even so the performance characteristics of a more modern car make me wonder would the driving be funner? maybe that's what its all about .
falcor75
dont feed the clickhunters.....
EdwardBlume
Reminds me of women (or men) who get too much plastic surgery....
Mueller
QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Jun 20 2017, 06:14 AM) *

Reminds me of women (or men) who get too much plastic surgery....

Yep, I don't see this particular one going up in value, might be worth it to rip off the scoop and garish body kit.

I would think it would be a blast to drive which might make up for how difficult it is to look at.

I'm wondering if it really started at a real GT2 or was it a base model with money just thrown into it?
JmuRiz
QUOTE(colingreene @ Jun 19 2017, 10:05 PM) *

because its jank as shit.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.