Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS On Pelican 911FS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
forrestkhaag
There is a beautiful set of Weber triples on Pelican Parts FS/WTB for the grand bargain price of, get this, 7000 bucks / But there is a recent price drop to 6500......... and then maybe sold...........

Beautiful set of rebuilt carbs if anyone is interested.... beerchug.gif

And now another set including intakes and filters and any combination of jetting needed / for (I think) 2400 bucks!) that seems like a deal.

cheers
mepstein
I sold a set of 46's for $6,500 last year.
Mueller
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 20 2017, 09:35 AM) *

I sold a set of 46's for $6,500 last year.

Wow, I'm loving my Type IV more and more now!
JmuRiz
Looks like they're down to $6k now.

Hope they sell for a lot, will make it easier if/when I decide to sell mind and go MFI or EFI once my car is up and running. Maybe I should check with my buddy on the 2.7 MFI he has sitting on the bench that's going up for sale. Too bad it'll probably be 2x the price of these carbs.
jmz
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jun 20 2017, 02:30 PM) *

Looks like they're down to $6k now.

Hope they sell for a lot, will make it easier if/when I decide to sell mind and go MFI or EFI once my car is up and running. Maybe I should check with my buddy on the 2.7 MFI he has sitting on the bench that's going up for sale. Too bad it'll probably be 2x the price of these carbs.

I have 2 sets both Italian so yeah... I hope the prices stay high too.
pete-stevers
Perhaps this is not the thread to be asking this question.. but why buy webbers when you can get a set of pmos ready to go for less??
confused24.gif
mepstein
Parts are available for Webers from many sources. They are original to the car. Not everyone likes pmo's. Etc.
bretth
Wow, i bought my Zeniths 20 years ago for 150 bucks on Ebay.
colingreene
you start a thread then don't include a link?
Justinp71
Is this for 40's or 46's? I sold my 40's a couple years ago for I think $1800. But 46's were going for $5k+ then. I think the only downside of PMO is they're not factory original? everything else is a ++, thats why I have them.

Webers and PMO's take mostly the same parts and PMO parts are readily available from PMO.
Mark Henry
46's with tall vents and 2 set of maifolds some peeps have to have original and pretty well the going rate on these.
I too would go with PMO's

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...-manifolds.html
IPB Image
mepstein
We lucked out with the 46's. They came on a running SC that we purchased for $11k.
brant
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jun 21 2017, 11:38 PM) *

Perhaps this is not the thread to be asking this question.. but why buy webbers when you can get a set of pmos ready to go for less??
confused24.gif

I know in our club the PMO's are not always legal for a log booked vintage race car. They aren't old enough or original technically.

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.