Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Rubber fresh air control knobs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kansas 914
I know Mark would answer but he is a busy guy and I imagine someone else has installed these red/black knobs.

The opening just isn't even close for my levers.

Do I trim the opening? I tried it doesn't seem to be the right way. Besides my past experience with razor blades mandated I put 911 on speed dial. smile.gif

Drop them in boiling water? I am not allowed near open flames or heat sources any longer - long story but it also involves first responders... smile.gif

Thanks in advance!
SirAndy
They should be flexible enough to slide on without any trimming. The opening is supposed to be smaller than the metal they go on.
idea.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 21 2017, 02:34 PM) *

They should be flexible enough to slide on without any trimming. The opening is supposed to be smaller than the metal they go on.
idea.gif

Andy - I would have thought so too - but mine aren't even close and it is HARD plastic so it isn't flexible.
rgolia
I widen them oh so very little with my dremel (used a thin cut-off wheel) and they went on nice and tight.
Steve
I thought Mark said to boil them.
brownaar
I never could get them to seat all the way either. My old ones cleaned up nicely and back they went. I'd like to know any secrets as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.