Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay Area AXers, head count for Alameda!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
i'm in, i think i recall demick saying he'll be there... who else? trekkor -- you're out? howard has a wedding, i think...

andy, are you FINALLY gonna mount the slicks and show us how it's done?
jenny, is your tranny holding its lube okay? ( cool_shades.gif )

randal, you coming to instruct?

grant, anthony? birgit?
anthony
I'm in.
Demick
If we can somehow make sure Steve N. and Andrew B. don't show up, we'll all get a few extra points in the 914cup standings. They are always at least 2 seconds ahead of the next closest competitors!
SirAndy
QUOTE (nebreitling @ May 13 2005, 12:04 PM)
andy, are you FINALLY gonna mount the slicks and show us how it's done?

trying to load them in my 914 as we speak and then on my way to the shop ...

every tried to load 4 wheels with 9" schlicks in your pass. seat?
wacko.gif Andy
Lyressa Roberts
I want to be there to race...but don't think it's going to happen since my car is still not done. I'll be there in one capacity or another...even if I'm late. biggrin.gif
rjkavanagh
So, where does all this take place in Alameda? Would like to bring my son, be a spectator, take some picturees, and meet all of you?

-Rob
Lyressa Roberts
This is from the website:

Directions You enter the autocross site on West Tower street. On autocross days, there wil be cones and a sign by the street.

From San Francisco: Take the Bay Bridge East, then follow the sign to "S. 880/ San Jose/ Alameda". After 3 miles, take the "Broadway/ Alameda" exit, and merge into the right lane. Turn right at the light onto 5th St., and follow for 1 mile, merging into the left lane. Take "Webster Street Tube" into Alameda. Follow Webster St. to W. Atlantic Ave. (1st light), and turn right. Follow Atlantic Ave. for 1 mile to Alameda Point and continue in another 1/3 mile. Turn right on Ferry Point, then left onto W. Tower Ave.

From N. 880 (San Leandro, Hayward): Follow N. 880 to Oakland, and take the Broadway Exit. Turn right on Broadway (follow Alameda signs), right onto 7th, right onto Webster and through the Webster St. tunnel into Alameda. Follow S.F. directions from above.

From Orinda, Lafayette, Concord, Moraga: Get on Highway 24(west) to 980/880(Downtown Oakland). Exit on 12th street and go straight onto Brush. Go left on 5th st to the Alameda exit to go to Webster Tunnel. Follow S.F. directions from above.

Directions if Webster Tube is Closed/ Sun-Thurs 9pm on: From 880 S. (Bay Bridge) - Take 23rd Ave. exit from 880 S. Follow the path of least resistance (past the cement company) and turn right onto 29th Ave. Go over Park St. Bridge (green) and into Alameda. ** Right on Buena Vista about 2.5 mi. Right on Webster St. for 2 blocks. Left on Atlantic Ave. 1.3 miles and enter Alameda Point/ Alameda Naval Air Station. Turn right on Ferry Point Rd. Turn left onto West Tower Ave.

From 880 N. (Hayward) take the 29th Ave. exit near Oakland, and turn left onto 29th under the hiway. Follow 29th over Park St. bridge (green) into Alameda. Follow above directions from ** above.
rjkavanagh
QUOTE (Lyressa Roberts @ May 13 2005, 12:06 PM)
This is from the website:

Directions You enter the autocross site on West Tower street. On autocross days, there wil be cones and a sign by the street.

From San Francisco: Take the Bay Bridge East, then follow the sign to "S. 880/ San Jose/ Alameda". After 3 miles, take the "Broadway/ Alameda" exit, and merge into the right lane. Turn right at the light onto 5th St., and follow for 1 mile, merging into the left lane. Take "Webster Street Tube" into Alameda. Follow Webster St. to W. Atlantic Ave. (1st light), and turn right. Follow Atlantic Ave. for 1 mile to Alameda Point and continue in another 1/3 mile. Turn right on Ferry Point, then left onto W. Tower Ave.

From N. 880 (San Leandro, Hayward): Follow N. 880 to Oakland, and take the Broadway Exit. Turn right on Broadway (follow Alameda signs), right onto 7th, right onto Webster and through the Webster St. tunnel into Alameda. Follow S.F. directions from above.

From Orinda, Lafayette, Concord, Moraga: Get on Highway 24(west) to 980/880(Downtown Oakland). Exit on 12th street and go straight onto Brush. Go left on 5th st to the Alameda exit to go to Webster Tunnel. Follow S.F. directions from above.

Directions if Webster Tube is Closed/ Sun-Thurs 9pm on: From 880 S. (Bay Bridge) - Take 23rd Ave. exit from 880 S. Follow the path of least resistance (past the cement company) and turn right onto 29th Ave. Go over Park St. Bridge (green) and into Alameda. ** Right on Buena Vista about 2.5 mi. Right on Webster St. for 2 blocks. Left on Atlantic Ave. 1.3 miles and enter Alameda Point/ Alameda Naval Air Station. Turn right on Ferry Point Rd. Turn left onto West Tower Ave.

From 880 N. (Hayward) take the 29th Ave. exit near Oakland, and turn left onto 29th under the hiway. Follow 29th over Park St. bridge (green) into Alameda. Follow above directions from ** above.

Thanks
Lyressa Roberts
You're welcome!!!

I think it is so cool that I live only about 5 minutes from there... hehehe... happy11.gif
anthony
Here's the links so you can check out the GGR web site:

http://www.pca-ggr.org/calendar.cgi?page=autocross

map:

user posted image
Randal
I'm working on my car!!!!!

Joseph Mills
Count me in!

Oh, never mind... biggrin.gif

MAPQUEST:
Total Est. Distance: 1616.76 miles
Total Est. Time: 24 hours, 41 minutes

rolleyes.gif
Steve_7x
I am planning to be there tomorrow (sorry Demick) - probably one of the few GGR events I can make this year. To many things going on.

Steve
Demick
QUOTE (Steve_7x @ May 13 2005, 03:17 PM)
I am planning to be there tomorrow (sorry Demick) - probably one of the few GGR events I can make this year. To many things going on.

Steve

I'll be happy to adjust your tire pressures for you tomorrow Steve biggrin.gif
Steve_7x
23lbs all 4 wheels ;-)
Demick
QUOTE (Steve_7x @ May 13 2005, 03:57 PM)
23lbs all 4 wheels ;-)

Got it! 123 lbs all wheels.

Lyressa Roberts
Yea!! I might get to go!! I just heard that my car should be finished. I might get to go out and make a fool out of myself afterall!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Jenny
Present! Hopefully tranny will hold her lube.

Jen
nebreitling
excellent -- shaping up to be some stiff competition. smilie_pokal.gif
grantsfo
I'll be there boldblue.gif
ppickerell
I'll be right off shore halibut fishing. Look for the green hull.
Leo Imperial
I'm comming straight from work in Oakland. I have never done it before, but now seems like a good time.

Here's a funny question for the forum...Anyone have any pointers?

Leo
Jenny
QUOTE (Leo Imperial @ May 14 2005, 12:16 AM)
Here's a funny question for the forum...Anyone have any pointers?

Leo

pointers as in directions to Alameda? Or Autocrossing?

Jen
Leo Imperial
Lets see I think it's enter Alameda, turn right, goto the end turn right follow around to the left, then it is on the left.

Is that right? or is that what I should do after the first cone?

I think I am lost already wacko.gif
Jenny
ugh... I got severely lost when I went last August. Just follow the porsches. Hopefully the only porsches driving around in Alameda at 7:30 am tomorrow are heading to the AX. I'm following Brad tomorrow, assuming our cars git dun. He's still working on them. smash.gif

Jen
SirAndy
i'm out ....

after 10 hours of wrenching (i'm still at the shop) and the loss of $1000 worth of parts i'm back to square one.

got all my stuff packed up (that was supposed to go on the car) and ready to go home.

i'll be at the beach tomorrow, i need a brake from all this crap ...
barf.gif Andy

redshift
Dood, Andy! What's up man? What happened?

sad.gif

M
SirAndy
QUOTE (redshift @ May 14 2005, 03:03 AM)

5am and i just got home from the shop, brad's still there ....

life sucks right now, too bad i gave up beating up people a long time ago.
i'm in the mood ...

i need to take a brake from this car-non-sense ...
wacko.gif Andy
Leo Imperial
Andy,
I'll go a couple rounds with you.
I'm down the block at work.
Should be off in a few min.
And I could go for a good ass-kicking right about now.
Besides it will make you feel better...Then you could take my car.
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (SirAndy @ May 14 2005, 04:08 AM)
QUOTE (redshift @ May 14 2005, 03:03 AM)

5am and i just got home from the shop, brad's still there ....

life sucks right now, too bad i gave up beating up people a long time ago.
i'm in the mood ...

i need to take a brake from this car-non-sense ...
wacko.gif Andy

That'll do it to ya. That's why I've never understood how Brad can do it 24-7...Brad said a piece broke on my car so no racing for me either... sad.gif Oh well...there's always next time...I still hope everyone makes it to the dinner, however...it would still be nice to get together and have a drink afterwards...? beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.