Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay 914 GT item
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TC/914
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting

Is this for real? I would have thought that the GTs would have had a better fitting piece . . . just wondering.
aircooledboy
hmmm. idea.gif

Don't know if that's legit, but it doesn't look too much different than the $9.99 coolant overflow bottle I got at my FLAPS. confused24.gif

redshift
Original.

Better fitting? It was 1970, and they were there to kick big ass... these are race cars, not CGI space mobiles.

wink.gif

M
Gustl
as far as I know the seller "914-6gt" is AJ Serrrano - I'm pretty sure that he knows if it's original and what's it worth

but I wonder if anybody is willing to pay that price idea.gif
meares
"overflow bottle I got at my FLAPS"

what is FLAPS? confused24.gif
Dr Evil
FLAPS = Friendly Local Auto Parts Store
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ May 13 2005, 03:57 PM)

which is where the guys building the race cars at Werk 1 got theirs!

"Yo! Hans! Go call up Behr and see what they've got in their clearance bin today!"

somewhere, there's probably an "original" factory race car with the 5-liter minitapper of LöwenBräu from some guy's lunch pail being used as a puke tank...
fatlando
To me, an average teener owner, it's just a plastic milk jug!! that amazes me! dry.gif
Eric_Shea
It's Armando's. It's real and it's on his site for $275.

It's a windshield washer bottle from "something". You can see that on his site (he has some pics with the fluid hose still attached.)

I posed the question before... anyone know what it's for? It's like a lot of things for these cars... $275.00 for an exclusive Porsche 914-6/GT LeMans winning oil catch tank. $10.00 for a 69 FIAT windshield washer bottle.
Eric_Shea
Happy B-Day Fat... beerchug.gif
TC/914
"... $275.00 for an exclusive Porsche 914-6/GT LeMans winning oil catch tank. $10.00 for a 69 FIAT windshield washer bottle. "

VERY good point, and really kinda cool as well. Once a piece, any piece is used, it's now a part of the car and has to be considered as "original". Like those Fiat Nuova 500/600 door pulls . . .
Gustl
QUOTE (TC/914 @ May 15 2005, 07:32 PM)
Like those Fiat Nuova 500/600 door pulls . . .

agree.gif - best example ever
Eric_Shea
That's exactly what I was thinking when I was typing F_I_A_T biggrin.gif

Now if we could just find the original... Come on Gustl, you know ALL this shit confused24.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ May 15 2005, 10:35 PM)
Now if we could just find the original...  Come on Gustl, you know ALL this shit

unfortunately not user posted image

if I knew this one, I would have bought 10 pcs at my local FIAT dealer and sold them for $175 each laugh.gif
jgiroux67
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ May 13 2005, 11:57 AM)

Ha, all this time I thought it was some auto parts store chain down in SoCal. I'm retarded.
Gustl
QUOTE (TC/914 @ May 15 2005, 07:32 PM)
Like those Fiat Nuova 500/600 door pulls . . .

look at eBay #4551750655 laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.