Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Molyslip for tranny
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zonedoubt
I am planning to change the tranny fluid this weekend. When I was going through the PO's maintenance records for my car, I notice he used 80W90 and "molyslip" additive. It's probably this stuff: http://www.molyslip.com/Products/MolySlipG.html

Any opinions?
brant
my prediction is that people are going to scream out how bad anything is that lubricates the tranny (due to the porsche syncros)

But personally I have been running mobil 1 in my tranny's for years at the advice of my builder AJRS.

and all of the grand junction cars do also!

regarding the additive, I also run BG products MGC (multi gear concentrate)

I like additives.
I don't think it will hurt you.
but I am in the minority.
brant
Rand
Swepco
tat2dphreak
I've been curious about the Lucas additives as well... but nothing causes flaming on this boad more than additives... spank.gif

so let us know how it works...
bondo
How does it shift? If you can shift fast without grinding, and downshift into first while rolling, it must not be THAT bad. I would suspect that anything that reduces friction but didn't prevent the syncros from working would actually make them last longer. But who knows, maybe it would lower their wear threshold and make them effectively wear out sooner?
Cap'n Krusty
Adding Moly to your gearbox WILL cause problems. The "Porsche style" synchros depend on, and work by, friction. Lowering or eliminating friction is NOT a good thing. 'Nuff said? The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.