Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Heater Flapper Boxes, J tubes, Warm air tubes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
I have two pair of heater boxes that were blasted and powder coated. Some gaskets in the discs survived but most trapped rust under them and were removed. I doubt the gaskets really did much. I would like to sell them as pairs. Asking $100 for a pair plus $15 shipping. New Dansk are $145 each and have the lever oriented wrong.

Also one pair of J tubes. $ 40 and a pair of warm air tubes that come off of the heat exchangers and connect to the flapper boxes. $40 for the pair. I you want the whole bundle I will do $150.

Bruce
Peter/Pedro
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 22 2017, 10:22 PM) *

I have two pair of heater boxes that were blasted and powder coated. Some gaskets in the discs survived but most trapped rust under them and were removed. I doubt the gaskets really did much. I would like to sell them as pairs. Asking $100 for a pair plus $15 shipping. New Dansk are $145 each and have the lever oriented wrong.

Also one pair of J tubes. $ 40 and a pair of warm air tubes that come off of the heat exchangers and connect to the flapper boxes. $40 for the pair. I you want the whole bundle I will do $150.

Bruce

Hi Bruce, interested in the whole bundle if you have them still? Thanks -Peter
bdstone914
QUOTE(Peter/Pedro @ Jul 14 2017, 10:55 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 22 2017, 10:22 PM) *

Bruce

Hi Bruce, interested in the whole bundle if you have them still? Thanks -Peter

Hello Peter,

I do have one pair of flappers, J tubes , and warm air tubes. Parts cost is $150 plus $15 shipping I take Paypal at bdstone914@aol.com

Call me if you need to at 951 536 7478.

Thanks Bruce
DRPHIL914
Bruce,

do you have any of the deflector shields that help direct air on the bottom side ?
I have a 75 - but back dated to early SSHE etc and did not have those , but have been told that this could help direct air better and keep temps down.
mzapisek
Bruce I'll take the second bundle if still available. Thanks Mark.
bdstone914
QUOTE(mzapisek @ Jul 17 2017, 12:32 PM) *

Bruce I'll take the second bundle if still available. Thanks Mark.

PM sent
DRPHIL914
bruce I need a set of the flapper boxes for both sides and those tubes

Phil
bdstone914
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Nov 2 2017, 12:40 PM) *

bruce I need a set of the flapper boxes for both sides and those tubes

Phil

PM sent, need to get more parts powder coated.
raynekat
I'd be interested in a pair of the heater flapper boxes if there are more to be powder coated.
malcolm2
Bruce, do you work on the flapper boxes other than making them pretty. there are some, what looks to be some asbestos rings that help seal the flapper when you don't want heat in the cabin. Do you add something else or help the flapper to seal?
bdstone914
So far I have been removing the asbestos ( i heard the stuff is bad ) and the wire screen as it just traps rust. Been working with Mark at 914 Rubber about making a flap seal and if it even matters. A little air lose is probably nothing..

picture of one getting restored
malcolm2
I have a few spares and I tried to get in there and clean them up, but like the HE it seems that they are designed to be closed once and never entered again.

I only assume that is where it is coming from, but summer driving on the interstate.... 3500+ RPM and my right foot is ON FIRE. I can put my hand under the dash and find the heat vent and there is heat coming out.

When I had the flapper on the bench, I put a ring of silicone around the flapper plate that closes on the heat tube. It helped a little. I doubt the MUD in the picture above helped much.
bdstone914
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Nov 2 2017, 06:37 PM) *

I have a few spares and I tried to get in there and clean them up, but like the HE it seems that they are designed to be closed once and never entered again.

I only assume that is where it is coming from, but summer driving on the interstate.... 3500+ RPM and my right foot is ON FIRE. I can put my hand under the dash and find the heat vent and there is heat coming out.

When I had the flapper on the bench, I put a ring of silicone around the flapper plate that closes on the heat tube. It helped a little. I doubt the MUD in the picture above helped much.

Interesting. Was the spring that keep the two flaps spread intact? The air pressure from the engine should also be pushing it closed so I wonder if something else was going on there.
What did the left side flapper look like ?
I would think that a silicone bead would seal it air tight.
BTW I soak them for days in Exaporust to dissolve the crud inside them have them blasted and coated. The one above the clean outside but crusty inside
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.