Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedal Covers and Dead Pedal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
I was looking online at a million different styles of pedal covers. I would like a metal dead pedal too if possible. Has anyone found a set that fits our cars and looks good that they would like to recommend? Can you include a picture please?
wes
Click to view attachment I chose the Renline pedal set.
sb914
Click to view attachment mix of engman and rennline
campbellcj
Mine are engman, rennline and AJ-USA (Alan Johnson Racing) but look basically identical to above.
VegasRacer
smilie_wirdgut.gif
Click to view attachment
mepstein
Maddog makes a dead pedal and aluminum pedal stop.
JmuRiz
Maddog makes a dead pedal and floor board replacements (similar to Engman's old products) and I use AJ-USA pedals.

http://www.maddogsmotorsports.org/accessories.html
GeorgeRud
The original Porsche dead pedal is also still available if you want an original look.
914dave
Installed a set from Rennline. Rennline gas pedal too
Click to view attachment
wndsrfr
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 23 2017, 03:55 AM) *

Click to view attachment mix of engman and rennline

I've got the perforated floorboard & the dust, dirt & random spooge collects in there & is always visible & impossible to get out....just sayin'. The pedal covers are just a bit wider than the pedals & so make it harder to get the floorboard out, so consider widening the cut outs....YMMV
ConeDodger
evilgrin.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jun 23 2017, 07:39 AM) *

QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 23 2017, 03:55 AM) *

mix of engman and rennline

I've got the perforated floorboard & the dust, dirt & random spooge collects in there & is always visible & impossible to get out....just sayin'. The pedal covers are just a bit wider than the pedals & so make it harder to get the floorboard out, so consider widening the cut outs....YMMV

I plan on putting floormats over mine...maybe just exposing them for track days and cars and coffee.

Should be able to get a vac (metro vac-n-blo attachment) in the holes and can always remove them to do a deep clean once in a while.
db9146
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jun 23 2017, 11:29 AM) *

The original Porsche dead pedal is also still available if you want an original look.

Anyone happen to have a picture of this one?
Montreal914
QUOTE(db9146 @ Jun 23 2017, 07:30 PM) *

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jun 23 2017, 11:29 AM) *

Anyone happen to have a picture of this one?

Found this for 911 confused24.gif

http://www.stoddard.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=dead+pedal
AZBanks
I have a set of SRP pedals in my 944 Cab and I like them a lot. They have lots of different textures, finishes and colors.

http://www.srpracing.com/pd-914-porsche-racing-pedals.cfm
campbellcj
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jun 23 2017, 08:39 AM) *

The pedal covers are just a bit wider than the pedals & so make it harder to get the floorboard out, so consider widening the cut outs....YMMV

^^^ this...major PITA which I did not realize before screwing all the crap together in my fully-caged car...then soon after, I had to do a clutch cable headbang.gif
Larmo63
I bought the Maddog dead pedal, but I never installed it as it looks like it would break under heavy use. I'm not being critical of his products, he told me I could return it, I just wonder if anybody has used it and had issues?

ConeDodger
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 24 2017, 01:18 PM) *

I bought the Maddog dead pedal, but I never installed it as it looks like it would break under heavy use. I'm not being critical of his products, he told me I could return it, I just wonder if anybody has used it and had issues?

Heck Lawrence, I've had issues and I HAVEN'T used it! blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.