Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Por 15 questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgiroux67
How much is needed to paint the inside floor pan and two trunks with the rust preventing POR-15? Pint or quart?

Would a regular auto paint shop carry this stuff or is ordering it off their sight the only way?
SpecialK
The stuff goes a looooong way, so I'd think a qt. would be plenty to cover what your coating. As far as where to get it, I'd go to the POR site and order it from there.....you'll have it in 2-3 days max.

The most important part is to prep the area properly prior to coating. If done correctly the stuff is tough as nails, if not, it'll peel off easily.
jd74914
I got mine from TP tools. Highly reccomend them as the shipped the same day and I got it within 2.
Allan
POR-15 all the way baby. A quart will be plenty. Try getting it HERE Shipping is really fast.
michel richard
QUOTE (Special_K @ May 13 2005, 03:17 PM)
The most important part is to prep the area properly prior to coating. If done correctly the stuff is tough as nails, if not, it'll peel off easily.

Just mak sure the steel is absolutely, completely, totaly, Mohave-like, dry. I took a household fan and let it blow air over the area to paint for an hour or two before painting.

Michel Richard
In salty Montreal
CptTripps
I used a butane torch on all the rust...that did the trick for drying it!

I bought 2 of their 'starter kits' for $20ea. Each kit has Metal Ready, Marine Clean, and a 4oz can of POR-15.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.