Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT Build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
I've been looking to have a GT built since i first got into 914s,wanted it to be period correct so purchased a 71 shell from a great guy in Denver Colorado,Steve Lindholm,so back in November 15 the car was delivered to start its transformation ,its now June 17 and the car is almost complete.Not great with putting pics up but if this is successful i'll put pics up of the whole resto so here goes Click to view attachment
mb911
I can't wait to see updated pictures
cal914
Here's a few pics of the #36 just before media blastingClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment After blasting a lot more rust was revealed
I'll continue putting pics up over the coming weeks,thought i'd do it once she's nearly complete then you get to see the whole story in a shorter space of time,by the way shes called the #36 as that is the number we chose to put on her when complete ,hope you enjoy
cal914
Here's a few bits i bought before the build started some good some not so goodClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
Here's the livery we first thought we would have but we changed our minds several timesClick to view attachment
cal914
After coming back from media blasting there was quite a bit more rust than I'd hope for but not as bad as it could have been
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
The battery tray and hell hole where in quite bad condition
Click to view attachment
The jacking point was in quite bad condition but the longs weren't in that bad a state
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
mlindner
Cal914, thats a pretty good looking shell. You will have fun with that. Best, Mark
914dave
Looks like you have all the proper bits! You've got this!
larryM
chowtime.gif - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

??????????????????????????????????????
cal914
Full cost not on yet ,but should be once i complete this thread
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.