Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the next series of stupid questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xsboost90
ok, so i got the alternator wires hooked up, i got the harness going over to the coil hooked up, the green/red wire going to the temp sender and the white-ish wire going to the air valve, all seemed to fall in place. Ran the wires for my xr700 to the distributor and the red/yellow wires to the coil

i take it the thicker of the coil wires is the positive and the smaller wire the neg/tach wire correct?

i have a green w/ black stripe coming from the bottom of the motor, through the metal then cut off...then i have a connector w/ a green/black -same- wire going to the computer!!! is this were it would go to?

ok the dumb question, when running, which way does the dist. rotate. I know the firing order by heart 1432 but in which direction. I would think clockwise but ya never know. I have racing wires which were on the motor when i bought it and since i put the xr700 on, i cant get the custom cut wires to go back on correctly, number two seems to be too short for some reason according to where it needs to be. May just buy some stock wires to start with.

Im almost ready to fire this thing, need to mount the batt. tray, get a gel cell battery-optima- and tie up the loose ends, cant wait!!!!!! beerchug.gif TIA for any answers.
xsboost90
I found a coil mount in my attic among my junk stash, waiting for my dist braket to show up to mount that thing in. Where do i mount this air valve at???on the same bolt as the other funky air valve thingy? rolleyes.gif
xsboost90
would there be any reason for the PO of this motor to plug the end of THIS line? AND, does anyone have this rubber splitter end, mine is crigity craked.
xsboost90
shes getting there thanks to the 914club and everyones superior knowledge!!!
type47
all i can help you with is that the green/black wire is from the oil temperature sender in the taco plate under the engine drivers side front and that the decel valve (thing in the picture on the book) is mounted on the same side as the manifold pressure sender
GWN7
QUOTE (xsboost90 @ May 13 2005, 05:38 PM)
would there be any reason for the PO of this motor to plug the end of THIS line? AND, does anyone have this rubber splitter end, mine is crigity craked.

A couple of us were talking about those "rubber splitter end" at the WCC05. One person said they were NLA and another said they were available from VW sources. Not sure if they are NOS or CSI. Waiting to hear. If they are NLA they can be reproduced.
swood
Not sure if this'll help, but it's a good one to keep at the finger tips.

wink.gif
Pugbug
The distributor rotor turns counter clockwise.... rolleyes.gif
xsboost90
thanks! counter clockwise, that explains alot! clap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.