Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So you think
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
You'll see these on ricers long before you see em' on the track...if you haven't already laugh.gif

http://www.accuratetechnologies.com/perfor...ercategoryid=18
Joe Bob
Won't be in this crowd....major digits dude.....we be cheap MOZFOs....
redshift
"Adding these custom wheels to your C5 or C6 Corvette will distinguish you from the crowd as well as lower the weight of your vehicle that results in improved performance. "

Yeah.. huh... 40 lbs...how about throw away the seats, and save a buck, or two...

M
Joe Bob
Throw away the gold chain and the blow up doll...
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (redshift @ May 13 2005, 09:07 PM)

Yeah.. huh... 40 lbs...how about throw away the seats, and save a buck, or two...
M

And it will still "distinguish you from the crowd". biggrin.gif

Dude, your back is like all black and blue. Why don't you have any seats in this vette?
John
I don't want to mount low profile tires on those.

"I feel like i'm gonna break this dang thing!"

And I really don't want to be the first to break down a set.
Especially when you have to break the beads.
I'd be afraid of cracking the damn carbon fiber.
redshift
QUOTE (joseph222 @ May 13 2005, 11:43 PM)

And it will still "distinguish you from the crowd". biggrin.gif

Dude, your back is like all black and blue. Why don't you have any seats in this vette?

I can't wait til they come out with CF seats!

M
Joseph Mills
QUOTE ("Z" @ May 13 2005, 09:39 PM)
Throw away the gold chain and the blow up doll...

Give me the gold chain. Save even more weight. biggrin.gif

The doll could make a light & comfy seat.
Mueller
I like them clap.gif boldblue.gif

$1500 each is expensive, but there are quite a few people here that have paid over $700 per rim wacko.gif
Dr Evil
I like them. I hope they get refined and cheaper.
neo914-6
QUOTE (J P Stein @ May 13 2005, 06:45 PM)
You'll see these on ricers long before you see em' on the track...if you haven't already laugh.gif

http://www.accuratetechnologies.com/perfor...ercategoryid=18

You may dis the "ricers" but their buying superficial stuff is funding development for the good stuff and driving prices down...
grantsfo
Those would look nice on my Boxster. I was wondering when somone would get their act together and do this!
TravisNeff
Those have got to be the trickest set of courdory wheels I have ever seen.
redshift
QUOTE (Neo914 @ May 14 2005, 01:27 AM)

You may dis the "ricers" but their buying superficial stuff is funding development for the good stuff and driving prices down...

Yes, enslavement of technology.. my evil plan worked!

M
redshift
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ May 14 2005, 01:54 AM)
Those have got to be the trickest set of courdory wheels I have ever seen.

laugh.gif smilie_pokal.gif chairfall.gif
ArtechnikA
what i thought was interesting is that if you read through all the words, the answer to "Q: Are your wheels DOT approved? " is "no."
michel richard
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ May 14 2005, 04:53 AM)
what i thought was interesting is that if you read through all the words, the answer to "Q:  Are your wheels DOT approved? " is "no."

The text does say this :

"These DOT approved wheels are available in a wide selection of color combinations . . . " (emphasis by the undersigned, as they say)

I don't actually know whether they are or not. But I read that sentence as saying that they really are DOT approved. You're right that the answer to the Q does not specifically repeat the claim.

FWIW

Michel Richard
J P Stein
Boeing had a sales guy out pushing the 787...our "new improved" plastic jet to airline folks. There had been some questions as to the durability of CF for use on airplanes. He carried with him a 5lb hammer, an aluminum pannel, & a CF pannel.

First he give the aluminum pannel a whallop & knock a monster dent in it....."Your airplane is out of service". Then he'd give a shot to the CF pannel......then invite folks from the crowd up to have at it. When everyone got tired of of beating on the thing (a few scratches) he'd say
"Any questions?"
airsix
You might laugh at the idea of saving only 40 lb., but it's not just 40lb. It's 40lb. of unsprung weight, which is a HUGE savings. Any event that would break these wheels would likely break an aluminum wheel too.

-Ben M.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (airsix @ May 14 2005, 05:18 PM)
...it's not just 40lb. It's 40lb. of unsprung weight, which is a HUGE savings.

it's not just unsprung weight, it's rotational weight, which makes it even more valuable.

but it's available only in monster-truck sizes.

when i can get it in 15" or maybe 16" i'll think about getting interested.
i am not holding my breath.
Brando
how long before they're $500 for 5?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.