Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: throttle body return spring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
proto31
Does anyone have a good 2.0 D-jet throttle body return spring? The spring that pulls the throttle butterfly back down to idle?

bdstone914
QUOTE(proto31 @ Jun 25 2017, 09:21 PM) *

Does anyone have a good 2.0 D-jet throttle body return spring? The spring that pulls the throttle butterfly back down to idle?

I probably have some in my collection. I used to pull them off of Mercedes cars in Pick a a parts yards. You can rebend the straight section of the spring to get the right tension. Unless you are going to be a weenie and want an original Porsche part. poke.gif
proto31
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 26 2017, 06:16 AM) *

QUOTE(proto31 @ Jun 25 2017, 09:21 PM) *

I probably have some in my collection. I used to pull them off of Mercedes cars in Pick a a parts yards. You can rebend the straight section of the spring to get the right tension. Unless you are going to be a weenie and want an original Porsche part. poke.gif

I'll take what I can get smile.gif
saigon71
If Bruce doesn't have what you need, check out your local auto parts store. I bought a pack of throttle springs for a few bucks and found one that works well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.