Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This bushing is not my friend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eeyore
Yesterday as I'm adjusting the valves on my car I notice that something is a little off with the driver's side trailing arm. I reach up and wiggle it. The inside end of the trailing arm can move a quarter inch up and down (6mm for Sir Andy). Great, I have to replace the thing, and only one day to get new parts shipped.

I was under the car 2 weeks ago, fiddling with shim stacks and am quite sure there wasn't any problem then, so I suspect the problem was at the breaking point when I started the dual AX / DE weekend 2 weeks ago. It must have let go the 2nd day.

So I guess I am saying, check bushings often if you still have originals.

Many thanks to Ira Ramin (of Tarett) for getting me a set of replacement bushings tonight.

NOTE: I did not move that broken bushing, that is how it came out of the car.
eeyore
Bad bushings also help the tire and inner fender get to know each other too...
TravisNeff
Doh! that is one sure way of removing the undercoating. I'll second that Ira comes through in a pinch, he sent me some drop links overnight rather than 2nd day air on his own dime so I could swap before WCC. Good guy and good stuff...
Dr Evil
So, did it work out, or do you need me to come over tomarrow and help. I have some bushings if you need now.

I met Ira at GAF and he is a hell of a nice guy.
Aaron Cox
shit. you have confirmed a fear of mine.

car was aligned. somehow a rear gained more neg camber.....
inner fender well shows rubbing like above.

GAWD DAMMIT. they are 1 year old. dry.gif
RustyWa
QUOTE (Cloudbuster @ May 13 2005, 09:18 PM)
Great, I have to replace the thing, and only one day to get new parts shipped.

So when you replace those bushings, do you just slap the new ones on or do you fit them to the trailing arm and spindle? Just curious.
sean_v8_914
Im glad you will not miss the AX, see ya tomorrow
eeyore
In this case, they are slapped in. Fortunately they were just snug enough on the trailing arm side and fit perfectly on the spindle.
hmeeder
Jeez, Mark.

That is the most elaborate and planned out excuse I have seen yet. Truthfully, I didn't think you had the imagination for something that complex. dry.gif

Seriuosly, glad you got it together. Maybe we can try to shave a second or two off your times. Gather 'round the 10JREEN for some chalk-talk and we can bounce some shit of each other.

Sean will also be driving my car. He managed to sell that yellow car last week. He had just bought the new Falkens and we just slapped them on my car, so we'll get to break them in. The first event on Falkens are always a bit splipperry till that top layer of rubber releaser gets scraped off. The poop on the street says that they out-stick the Azenis, but my first couple of miles leave my doubtful.

Tomorrow will tell!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.