Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 troubles!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
So, I get in the car today... first slight reprise..

As you may recall from our last episode.. (like 2 years ago..) I described a problem, whereas my engine would just stop running, at speed, or idle. No warning, no flub-flub, no wild popping noises, no ground problems that I could find.. we thought of it all, fuel filter, cht, harness... man, I thought I had experienced every 914 shenannigan..

Forward nearly 2 years...

So, I get in the car today, out of gear, pedal down, turned the key..... nothing.

Setup again.. turn key.... no pump, start... nothing.

Third time, I hear millions of ominous arc lights dancing, coming from under the passenger seat.... sparky sounds very, very loud.. like 12v to ground.. smile.gif

Fourth time... I hear the pump.

Fifth time... whaawhaa pop! wheeee!

'74... any guesses... lol.. wink.gif

M
Ctrout
Seatbelt safety interlock going bad. Look for corrosion in/around the relay under the pass. seat. This would only be a problem in the '74 as I believe it's the only year that had this nuisance feature. BTW, if you remove it, just splice the two fat yellow wires together and the fuel pump will run and bypass the logic circuit. do what thou wilt with the rest of the wires. They only run things tike the seatbelt dash warning light and such.
redshift
Yep!

I wonder how this could be relative to my pre-existing condition. I thought the pump would run, but the ignition would not, with the interlock in order.

Oh, my seat heater is disconected.. wink.gif

I think some DAPO prolly did it with a paperclip.

M
Ctrout
That was the first problem that this board helped me fix on my car. The interlock will not allow power to the starter. If it won't crank, no movement in the air flow sensor flap and thus no fuel pump coming on (in my L-jet anyway). Turn the key and nothing happens. I bypassed the interlock, spliced the warning light back in and then it would crank. Emery cloth the points to clean them up and it fired right up! (That was the second problem the club helped me with). After that, it has been just one joyride after another.
redshift
If this fixes that other problem, I swear, I may buy CCL's orange car to celebrate.

M
bd1308
yea miles!!!!!! That's awesome man.....good work. thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif i wanna see sparks man....
Eric_Shea
Well OF COURSE Sparky lives damn it... I'm not that OLD mad.gif

Thanks Mrs. smilie_pokal.gif

The nerve...
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ May 14 2005, 07:32 PM)
Well OF COURSE Sparky lives damn it... I'm not that OLD mad.gif

Thanks Mrs. smilie_pokal.gif

The nerve...

wink.gif

Lisa cool_shades.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (redshift @ May 13 2005, 11:36 PM)
If this fixes that other problem, I swear, I may buy CCL's orange car to celebrate.

M

ohmy.gif monkeydance.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.