Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Cal 914 fun day sept 16th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
sb914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 13 2017, 01:00 PM) *

QUOTE(sb914 @ Jul 13 2017, 11:33 AM) *
QUOTE(Keith914 @ Jul 13 2017, 11:11 AM) *
Noticed you have me down for 2. I am coming alone. How do you want me to send the $10?
We will set up payment later. Thanks Keith!!
Eddy, are you guys going to PM folks with the payment details? ... I haven't been able to follow all the threads on the board too much lately (2 deaths in my family recently) dry.gif

Marc,
So sorry to hear, my condolences. We will be setting up payment soon. thanks Marc.
Hang in there bro!
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(Keith914 @ Jul 13 2017, 11:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Jun 28 2017, 10:38 AM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jun 28 2017, 09:33 AM) *

Sir Eddy, planning to come along with my family but sorry no 914 for now. But other porsche car is welcome?

Yes other porsche's and family are welcomed!

Noticed you have me down for 2. I am coming alone. How do you want me to send the $10?

Oops OK down 1.
Lucky9146
Oscar thanks for the PM. I had seen this earlier and had not made a note on the calendar so the reminder was great!

Planning to attend sounds like a great day! Put me down for 2.

Car not ready yet tho sad.gif
76-914
You might give some consideration to having the Fourms in the morning. It's cooler then and it won't take away from afternoon activities. beerchug.gif
FG914
I have own 914 since 1989, and my last 914 I got from Oscar.
I will attend this event for sure, count me for two people and my be
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(FG914 @ Jul 16 2017, 04:56 PM) *

I have own 914 since 1989, and my last 914 I got from Oscar.
I will attend this event for sure, count me for two people and my be

Excellent, so you have 2 coming and, I'm sorry, but what is "my be"?
ValcoOscar
He meant maybe 2 more...he has fat fingers like me
sb914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 17 2017, 10:28 AM) *

He meant maybe 2 more...he has fat fingers like me
av-943.gif
Curbandgutter
Hey folks I added a count for how many 914 cars will be at the event on post #11. So far I show 27 cars. Need an answer from
Garrettlee2
Second Wind
Kgruen2
Keith914
blue6
Socalandy
Lucky9146
FG914
Steve
PayPal sent
76-914
Hey guys, I've got 6-8 ea. 5' folding tables if needed for dining or Shop Forums. They're plastic so not for welding upon. LMK if needed. This is looking to be a decent size event. If there will be a need for volunteers to assist with set up, take down, clean up, parking, forum instructor assistant, etc, etc; holler!
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Jun 28 2017, 05:56 PM) *

LIST OF ATTENDEES: (68-75 as of 7-17-17) Will update as needed. (?) means that I need to know how many you are bringing for the all important food head count. [?] means that I need to know if you are bringing a 914 and how many?
27 914 VEHICLES ARE CONFIRMED AS OF (7-17-17)

Oscar ValcoOscar (6) [3]
Eddy SB914 (2) [1]
Rudy Curbandgutter (4) [1/2] If possible I will bring my tube chassis project car
Noel Ndfrigi (4) [0]
Alphaogre (Maybe)
Elliot Cannon (Maybe)
Coondog (2) [1]
Chip CSDilligaf (2) [0]
Craig Downs (2) [0]
Gary Gmanscott (Maybe)
914-300Hemi (2) [1]
Garrettlee2 (2) [?]
Lawrence Larmo63 (1) [1]
Second Wind (2) [?]
914 teener (2) [1]
so.o.c914er (2) [1]
Calvinator2016 (2) [1]
Mike D. (2) [1]
Whitetwinturbo (2 + maybe 2 more) [2]
Kgruen2 (2) [?]
Steve (1) [1]
Bernbomb914 (2) [1]
Kent 76-914 (2) [1]
forrestkhag (2) [1]
BigFour1973 (2) [1]
73-914kid (2) [2]
Fatboy007 (2) [1]
Mark Euro911 (2) [1]
Don and Tina don-6 (2)
Keith914 (1) [?]
blue6 (2) [?]
Banananose914 (1) [1]
Socalandy (1) [?]
Lucky9146 (2) [0]
FG914 (2 + maybe 2 more) [?]
Jerry Joseph (1) [1]
Albert Mendoza (1) [0]

Nice! exciting number of people and 914 cars confirmed.
It could be one of the best event with several 914 owners! Sad I only have a poor and bad 74 roller now.

Thanks to Oscar (farm venue owner) and to all the organizers!

ValcoOscar
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 17 2017, 02:08 PM) *

Hey guys, I've got 6-8 ea. 5' folding tables if needed for dining or Shop Forums. They're plastic so not for welding upon. LMK if needed. This is looking to be a decent size event. If there will be a need for volunteers to assist with set up, take down, clean up, parking, forum instructor assistant, etc, etc; holler!

Kent-

Thanks for offering.

We could use volunteers that day, mostly to assist in parking and go cart safety, so if okay I will have you listed as our parking official and tech session organizer.

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

Curbandgutter
Hey if anyone wants to step up and take over the task of doing the early bird breakfast and drive that will be helpful. I can give you a route, and we can test drive the route prior to the event. I've p'med a couple of folks but they were not available. Let me know.

This route is 45 miles. I estimate that it should take about 1:30 hours. It winds through twisty mountain terrain and then through the valley in the wine country with rolling hills and curves Click to view attachment
siverson
Definitely going to try to make this one! 1 914 and probably 1 kid (and me)!

-Steve
sb914
Nice Steve ! It's going be epic !!!
olsib914
So I have not met Oscar, but did meet his 914 at Marcs'....NICE...Please add two more to the roster, Marc aka mechanic and I Olsib914 (another Mike).plus one 914 (Marcs'). Mine is coming apart to be back together better
Olsib914
Larmo63
My black 914-6 may make its' debut by then.

This is shaping up as a great event, thanks for organizing it, guys!!
Curbandgutter
Ok severson, mechanic and Olsib914 have been added. 2 914's have been added. That's 31 cars folks. Heck yeah this is going to be epic.
Coondog
PayPal Payment sent for 2..........hope my car will be finished.
ndfrigi
payment sent for 4 adults. thank you!
Keith914
QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Jul 17 2017, 01:02 PM) *

Hey folks I added a count for how many 914 cars will be at the event on post #11. So far I show 27 cars. Need an answer from
Garrettlee2
Second Wind
Kgruen2
Keith914
blue6
Socalandy
Lucky9146
FG914

I will be attending in my 914. Please PM me the PayPal address to make the payment.
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(Keith914 @ Jul 18 2017, 07:06 AM) *

QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Jul 17 2017, 01:02 PM) *

Garrettlee2
Second Wind
Kgruen2
Keith914
blue6
Socalandy
Lucky9146
FG914

I will be attending in my 914. Please PM me the PayPal address to make the payment.

See post #1 for PayPal address.
914-300Hemi
Oscar,
Payment has been sent.
kgruen2
Payment sent. See you all there. beerchug.gif
bernbomb914
bump
76-914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 28 2017, 07:49 AM) *

For now you can copy and paste link...I can't figure out how to upload video.

If someone can link video I would appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lSixWXukMo...eature=youtu.be

Hey Valco, one of my customers is a caterer in Temecula should you need one for the event. I might be "test driving" this weekend if your about. Kent
sb914
Hey what's up my people? We're here in Spain. Than off to Portugal.seen only one p car Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
euro911
COOL. Special occasion?
sb914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 21 2017, 09:05 PM) *

COOL. Special occasion?

My wife's 50th b day drunk.gif
euro911
birthday.gif

My wife just celebrated #59
ValcoOscar
I just found this...it's been nearly 30 years.

It would be nice if some of these past 914 guys were on 914world, even better if they registered to come to our Temecula 914 Fun Day event. I know of one for sure, possibly two if Leamon decides to come.

Anybody recognize these names?

Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
Money sent for 2 people Friends and Family

Looking forward to it.
olsib914
Pay pal sent for two. be there or be square no levis or capris please
Ol sib 914...yet another Mike
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(olsib914 @ Jul 22 2017, 05:40 PM) *

Pay pal sent for two. be there or be square no levis or capris please
Ol sib 914...yet another Mike

Mike...Dittos are welcomed though.
ValcoOscar
Keith914 just sent $10 PayPal payment.

Thank you

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
ValcoOscar
Another PayPal payment.

csdilligaf: $20/two

Thanks all
Mike D.
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 22 2017, 07:49 AM) *

I just found this...it's been nearly 30 years.

It would be nice if some of these past 914 guys were on 914world, even better if they registered to come to our Temecula 914 Fun Day event. I know of one for sure, possibly two if Leamon decides to come.

Anybody recognize these names?

Click to view attachment

Well, I see Leamons name on there! And Dean Vanni, Don and I saw him several years ago. His 914-6 had become a trailer queen because he couldn't stand it getting dirty after all the work he put into it. And this was before $80K days!
sb914
icon_bump.gif
sb914
icon_bump.gif
sb914
Oops sorry
euro911
OK, OK, OK ... I got the hint laugh.gif
ndfrigi
bump
914_teener
Paypal sent.

beerchug.gif

Car is not on jackstands!
Tom_T
FYI for those looking for something fun to do the night before, "just over the hill" about a 30 min drive is Escondido's Cruisin Grand car night, & y'all could make an unofficial 914 night parking on Grand (renegade), or take any car & enjoy the featured Racers & other cars.

Hmmmm.... idea.gif
Maybe putting vinyl race numbers & decals on your 914s will get you into the featured section! biggrin.gif

https://cruisingrand.com/events/view/2017-0...uled-the-planet

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
Oscar,

I just PP'ed you for 4 + 6% PayPal fee - for me & possibly wife & may guest/wife TBD.
If it ends up that I &/or other 1-3 can't make it, then just consider it my donation to the cause.

If I'm able to get there after judging at the PCA San Diego Region Concours at Spanish Landing park that morning, & if anyone there is interested in learning more about PCA Zone 8 Concours, then I'd be happy to talk about it & demo on someone's car.

If my good ole fellow Orange CA buddy "SoCalAnal" ... err .... SoCalAndy biggrin.gif
has his 914-6 there, then I can pick on him & his car, but he can also speak to the CW prep & resto, & so can Kent if he's coming, as well as a few others on the list.

We also gave info for the event to a few old but now inactive 914world members who were at Escondido's Cruisin Grand German car nite last night, so hopefully they'll come on here. Keep bumping so it's easy for them to find the thread.

PS - That would be with something other than my 914.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 5 2017, 10:26 AM) *

Oscar,

I just PP'ed you for 4 + 6% PayPal fee - for me & possibly wife & may guest/wife TBD.
If it ends up that I &/or other 1-3 can't make it, then just consider it my donation to the cause.

If I'm able to get there after judging at the PCA San Diego Region Concours at Spanish Landing park that morning, & if anyone there is interested in learning more about PCA Zone 8 Concours, then I'd be happy to talk about it & demo on someone's car.

If my good ole fellow Orange CA buddy "SoCalAnal" ... err .... SoCalAndy biggrin.gif
has his 914-6 there, then I can pick on him & his car, but he can also speak to the CW prep & resto, & so can Kent if he's coming, as well as a few others on the list.

We also gave info for the event to a few old but now inactive 914world members who were at Escondido's Cruisin Grand German car nite last night, so hopefully they'll come on here. Keep bumping so it's easy for them to find the thread.

PS - That would be with something other than my 914.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Yes Tom...I received your PayPal payment on Saturday. Thank you.

We are looking forward to having you and your guest join us. Stay tuned for more event details....coming soon.

driving.gif driving.gif

Oscar
76-914
Oscar, I notice that you mentioned "vendors" in earlier post. Will attendee's be allowed to sale their wares, as well? Sort of like the old G&R events used to do. beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 7 2017, 09:08 AM) *

Oscar, I notice that you mentioned "vendors" in earlier post. Will attendee's be allowed to sale their wares, as well? Sort of like the old G&R events used to do. beerchug.gif

You are absolutely correct!!!!...We have not publicized this yet, but were planning to gauge interest in doing exactly this. I say why not, we can have this a bit earlier in the day or when event starts. I have tables to set things on. More stuff the merrier.

I personally have extra 914 and other porsche items I could part with.

Attendees should chime in so we can define time.

Oscar

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.