Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Cal 914 fun day sept 16th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
76-914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Aug 7 2017, 09:30 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 7 2017, 09:08 AM) *

Oscar, I notice that you mentioned "vendors" in earlier post. Will attendee's be allowed to sale their wares, as well? Sort of like the old G&R events used to do. beerchug.gif

You are absolutely correct!!!!...We have not publicized this yet, but were planning to gauge interest in doing exactly this. I say why not, we can have this a bit earlier in the day or when event starts. I have tables to set things on. More stuff the merrier.

I personally have extra 914 and other porsche items I could part with.

Attendees should chime in so we can define time.

Oscar

Excellant. Following past years experience (members often listed what they were bringing or what the needed before the event) I will bring a pair of "DD quality" late bumper tops, a targa vinyl kit, a 914 shifter knob and a cut out 901 case for setting gear stacks, a new side mirror w/ slight blemish + more. Thanks for the opportunity to sale/trade Oscar; this stuff has been accumulating for a couple of years now. I'm in the market for a spare set of outer door handles, a rear metal valance, a nice belly pan or anything shiny. lol-2.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 7 2017, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Aug 7 2017, 09:30 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 7 2017, 09:08 AM) *

Oscar, I notice that you mentioned "vendors" in earlier post. Will attendee's be allowed to sale their wares, as well? Sort of like the old G&R events used to do. beerchug.gif

You are absolutely correct!!!!...We have not publicized this yet, but were planning to gauge interest in doing exactly this. I say why not, we can have this a bit earlier in the day or when event starts. I have tables to set things on. More stuff the merrier.

I personally have extra 914 and other porsche items I could part with.

Attendees should chime in so we can define time.

Oscar

Excellant. Following past years experience (members often listed what they were bringing or what the needed before the event) I will bring a pair of "DD quality" late bumper tops, a targa vinyl kit, a 914 shifter knob and a cut out 901 case for setting gear stacks, a new side mirror w/ slight blemish + more. Thanks for the opportunity to sale/trade Oscar; this stuff has been accumulating for a couple of years now. I'm in the market for a spare set of outer door handles, a rear metal valance, a nice belly pan or anything shiny. lol-2.gif

I may be going into paint in as early as 3 weeks so I will start my list as follows:

I could probably use your Sail Panel Vinyl kit if its new from 914 Rubber and mirror if its OEM along with a straight front hood (no rust)
Also any targa and sail panel trim pieces in better condition than mine.

I also have available a signal orange rear trunk lid in good condition.
(some small dents, but no rust or bondo)

Butterfly Horn Pad
(2) rebuilt '73-'74 rebuilt 2.0 injectors
more to follow once I get the car torn down.
76-914
icon_bump.gif Just a hair more than a month.
sb914
Where's all the San Diego people? Come on up!
914_teener
Who needs these?

More to come.......attendees only.

Click to view attachment
LS1V8Jerry
My name is Jerry Joseph. I'm a 28 year owner still in process. I've known Oscar more than 40-years. I'm a a long time lurker, first time poster. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at Temecula 914 fun day. I've paid Oscarfor for two. can't wait to meet everyone...

drunk.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif piratenanner.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Jerry J Joseph @ Aug 12 2017, 04:45 PM) *

My name is Jerry Joseph. I'm a 28 year owner still in process. I've known Oscar more than 40-years. I'm a a long time lurker, first time poster. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at Temecula 914 fun day. I've paid Oscarfor for two. can't wait to meet everyone...

drunk.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif piratenanner.gif

Welcome to 914world neighbor! See you at the Temecula Fun Day! My whole family is going.
76-914
Carlos, Rudy, Eddy and myself met over breakfast this AM and did a little tuning to Carlos' already excellent schedule. Wait until you see some of what Carlos has in store for you. It just keeps getting better. piratenanner.gif I'll post a map and a link to same in the next 48hr's that the early birds will drive. It is a hair over 1.5hrs round trip. beerchug.gif
sb914
One month! piratenanner.gif Get your cars off the jack-stands!
76-914
Rudy returns today. Once he edits my map of the drive I'll post it up. beerchug.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jul 7 2017, 10:01 AM) *

This is looking like a great event. If I wasn't committed to RRC I would definitely attend. Next time

Agreed...this is half the drive for me and looks like a great event. Too bad on the timing.... dry.gif
ValcoOscar
Okay all-

One month away. Here is what we have planned...plus some surprises.

Kent will coordinate morning drive...details to follow.

I will post weekly updates and will send PM's to all that have registered.

Like Eddy said...get your cars off the jack stands and come on over.

Don't miss Rudy's award winning BBQ not to mention local wine favorites.

Bring some porsche or 914 items to trade/sell/donate. Lots of room!!!!!

Click to view attachment
76-914
Oscar, Sorry I missed this Saturday but.......... I don't think 1 hr for 2 tech sessions will work out. The alignment alone will take an hour. And I'm pretty sure the welding segment will take some time because there will be lots of peeps wanting to try their hand at it. Also, if we have 3 or more welders there Ethan will need some assistants, Maybe have one in the AM and the other in the PM? confused24.gif Thoughts? beerchug.gif
euro911
Finally got around to sending the payment for my wife and I ... driving-girl.gif driving.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 16 2017, 12:53 PM) *

Oscar, Sorry I missed this Saturday but.......... I don't think 1 hr for 2 tech sessions will work out. The alignment alone will take an hour. And I'm pretty sure the welding segment will take some time because there will be lots of peeps wanting to try their hand at it. Also, if we have 3 or more welders there Ethan will need some assistants, Maybe have one in the AM and the other in the PM? confused24.gif Thoughts? beerchug.gif

Kent-

Totally open to any ideas as to not rush tech sessions...accidents happen that way. BTW, a minimum of two welders committed. Weld kits are ready.

We will listen to attendees and will make necessary schedule changes.

Thanks for your 2 cents beer.gif

Chime in attendees
sb914
icon_bump.gif
914_teener
Wonder if anybody has an engine mount bar for a 73 or later they don.t need or I can use for a while. Can you bring to this event?

Thanks in Advance and.....

icon_bump.gif

Rob
Curbandgutter
Hello everyone.....we are coming up on THE date. We are looking forward to a great time of 914 fun. However we have some loose ends that need to be tied up. There are some that signed up, but have not paid yet. Please look at post #11 and if you don't have a RED paid stamp, PM me to let me know that you are still coming so that we can purchase the right amount of pulled pork and tri-tip. We did not go cheap here with burgers and hot dogs yet we did go very cheap on the charge.....so please let me know so that we can buy accordingly.

Thanks in advance

Rudy
don-6
Payment sent for my wife and I, plus Leamon heeltoe914.
Leamon and I will be driving 914s driving-girl.gif
ndfrigi
bump to top again.

Nice! more members coming to the event!
76-914
Here is a link to the drive. Will someone can do a screen shot and post it. BTW. it start and ends on Rosea; I just couldn't get it to show that. beerchug.gif
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/34160+Linda...#33;1m0!1m0
ndfrigi
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 22 2017, 07:45 AM) *

Here is a link to the drive. Will someone can do a screen shot and post it. BTW. it start and ends on Rosea; I just couldn't get it to show that. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
76-914
Thank you Noel. FWIW, if you have a smart phone; click on the link and there is an option to send that link to your cell phone. It will show the street names so you know the route. Having learned my lesson from previous runs: there will be a driver's meeting 5 min's before departure. If you run late, use this map to catch up with us or enjoy the cruise solo. Notice we will depart on schedule and with the schedule being tight we will not be able to "wait for you". beerchug.gif
second wind
Just sent money...car back on the road....see you 'round the barby....
gg
ndfrigi
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Aug 16 2017, 10:52 AM) *

Okay all-

One month away. Here is what we have planned...plus some surprises.

Kent will coordinate morning drive...details to follow.

I will post weekly updates and will send PM's to all that have registered.

Like Eddy said...get your cars off the jack stands and come on over.

Don't miss Rudy's award winning BBQ not to mention local wine favorites.

Bring some porsche or 914 items to trade/sell/donate. Lots of room!!!!!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
This is shaping up to be epic smilie_pokal.gif for those that put maybe next to your name it's time to change that chair.gif back to Orange County peeps that want to take Ortega hwy out is this still on? I'm taking it regardless based on my location.....Paul
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Aug 21 2017, 02:26 PM) *

Hello everyone.....we are coming up on THE date. We are looking forward to a great time of 914 fun. However we have some loose ends that need to be tied up. There are some that signed up, but have not paid yet. Please look at post #11 and if you don't have a RED paid stamp, PM me to let me know that you are still coming so that we can purchase the right amount of pulled pork and tri-tip. We did not go cheap here with burgers and hot dogs yet we did go very cheap on the charge.....so please let me know so that we can buy accordingly.

Thanks in advance

Rudy

In an effort to accommodate those who don't have PayPal, you can pay $$ upon check-in. All we ask is you acknowledge you are coming so we can prepare. Also, additional unregistered guests are welcomed @ $15/ea. More the merrier.

Get ready to have some FUN!!!!!

Special thanks Rudy, Eddy, Kent, Rob & Ethan and others who have offered to help. This event would not be possible without you ALL.

Call or text with any questions.

drunk.gif beerchug.gif cheer.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif welder.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Oscar

second wind
QUOTE(second wind @ Aug 22 2017, 03:04 PM) *

Just sent money...car back on the road....see you 'round the barby....
gg

One person ...one 914
gg
mmichalik
Oscar, could you put me in for 2 please?

I will txt you the info and pay the costs via paypal.

Mike
76-914
2 things; First, if you don't have a teener but want to go on the run just show up early. 80% of the cars usually will have an open seat. Don't be bashful. Just ask if that seat is taken. biggrin.gif
Second: Some of the items I'll bring to the event:
5 lug rear rotor .420"
4 lug ditto .383
pair of plastic air deflectors
NEW console harness
Wilwood 3/4" master cylinder ( used for 30mins)
75-76 Plastic Threshold trim 4 pc's
Auto darkening HF Helmet
Bilstein 914 Jack Nice condition
901 clutch pulley, housing, bolts
0-300F VDO Oil Temp Gage
7ea- 48mm plastic plugs for front (behind bumper)
Ash tray - Very nice condition
901-559-210-20 NIB Porsche Hood Badge (ca.1995)
Pair 82mm Heater box cables excellent condition
pair OEM Driving Lamp Grilles nice condition
OEM Alternator Harness good condition
Hobbs Meter
pair Boge rubber shock spacers Very Nice condition
OEM 914 shifter knob (small chip on the bottom, top is fine)
Battery disconnect switch
4-New injector covers
914.731.039.10 side mirror
914rubber carpet black out pieces (new)
new Rear wheel bearing
OEM used trans ground strap
14 pin relay plug
NIB 2.0 wrist pins
AM remote starter kit (this hard wires into the relay plug allowing you to push a button on the relay to crank. Handy as a pocket on a shirt)
PS, I have a spare 901 transmission I'll bring if anyone needs one.
beerchug.gif
EDIT: Any pilots attending? I've a David Clarke H10 13.4 Headset w/ Gel cups and ANR (ANR requires separate 9v source), a Peltor children's headset, Magellan yoke mount GPS. Updates on line.
mmichalik

I live pretty much smack in the middle of the loop on the drive. For those who have not done it yet, it's a lot of fun! Specially the route between Temecula and Valley Center, going into and through the Pala reservation. Winding, tight corners and some pretty cools views all around.

If you were on the wall about the drive, you definitely should do it. You'll enjoy it.
sb914
Are you going to make it ?
mmichalik
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 24 2017, 08:58 AM) *

@sb914, (hopefully, I'm answering a question directed to me) smile.gif

I'm going to be there but, I won't have my 914. I was hoping to have it finished by then but, the real world won.

I'll have my other fun car instead.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 24 2017, 08:58 AM) *

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Mike is going to make it...he just confirmed.

Rudy...please add him plus 1. No 914 this time

Thanks Mike...glad you are local so you can share some nice roads for future drives.

Oscar
76-914
I need to add one guest too, Rudy. Kent beerchug.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(mmichalik @ Aug 24 2017, 08:53 AM) *

I live pretty much smack in the middle of the loop on the drive. For those who have not done it yet, it's a lot of fun! Specially the route between Temecula and Valley Center, going into and through the Pala reservation. Winding, tight corners and some pretty cools views all around.

If you were on the wall about the drive, you definitely should do it. You'll enjoy it.

Hey Folks,

Just be careful going through the Rez guys, cuz you don't want to take out any kids, Elders, or anybody. It is their residential area & you don't want to give Teeners a bad name with the Indian Community nor any community for reckless driving thru such areas.

Not to be a downer, but as a Cherokee Indian myself, I'm super sensitive to BS hi-jinks which has gone on on Indian Rez's all over the country for decades. It's not fun nor funny to terrorize Indians.

Just Sayin'!
Have fun, but be safe & look out for other folks on all parts of your drive.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
76-914
No worries. We are in town and a populated area when we pass thru the reservation so we'll by at 35mph. This is a good time to address this so here goes. The drive is just that; a drive. Not a sheeplove.gif race. Go to the track for that. That being said there is some spirited driving but not competitive racing. The last drive I had to ask the guy behind me to drop back about #7 in line. He stayed on my bumper like he wanted to pass me or race me and blocking my side mirror view of the people I was leading. mad.gif I couldn't tell if someone that I was responsible for had dropped behind or not. To add insult to injury he was in a 4 banger. av-943.gif
914_teener
I'm bringing some give away stuff.

I need to clean out the garage.

1. Old door panels. vinyl is like new and can be reused. I did these as a quick recover over the stock panels so if someone needs the vinyl should be okay. Otherwise gonna toss them.

2. Various rubber and 1.7 parts.

I'm towing my car down to make room in the bed of my truck so any other stuff I'm gonna toss in.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(914_teener @ Aug 27 2017, 07:56 PM) *

1. Old door panels. vinyl is like new and can be reused. I did these as a quick recover over the stock panels so if someone needs the vinyl should be okay. Otherwise gonna toss them.

I'm towing my car down to make room in the bed of my truck so any other stuff I'm gonna toss in.

Can i grab some rubbers for my new 74 project? really need bunch of rubbers for this roller project and maybe 1.7 parts too.
euro911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 25 2017, 02:12 PM) *
No worries. We are in town and a populated area when we pass thru the reservation so we'll by at 35mph. This is a good time to address this so here goes. The drive is just that; a drive. Not a sheeplove.gif race. Go to the track for that. That being said there is some spirited driving but not competitive racing. The last drive I had to ask the guy behind me to drop back about #7 in line. He stayed on my bumper like he wanted to pass me or race me and blocking my side mirror view of the people I was leading. mad.gif I couldn't tell if someone that I was responsible for had dropped behind or not. To add insult to injury he was in a 4 banger. av-943.gif
Hey, I know of some 4-bangers that can kick 6's bootyshake.gif in the twisties cool_shades.gif
Blue6
"It's not fun nor funny to terrorize Indians".

Come on Tom, who do you think you are addressing? Weather you are Indian or not, is of no relevance. Talk about a comment from left field. screwy.gif
mmichalik
QUOTE(914_teener @ Aug 27 2017, 07:56 PM) *

I'd be happy to take the panels off your hands. both of mine need to be replaced so, it would work out perfectly.

I'll send a PM.

Mike
Tom_T
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Aug 27 2017, 11:52 PM) *

"It's not fun nor funny to terrorize Indians".

Come on Tom, who do you think you are addressing? Weather you are Indian or not, is of no relevance. Talk about a comment from left field. screwy.gif

Blue,

My only point was to make sure that everyone exercises due caution when passing through the Rez. Kent's reply to my post was the proper one.

Unfortunately all of the Rez's along that valley have had bad experiences with joy riders & Ricky racers screaming through the Rez cuz they think that the cops won't do anything to them when on the Rez. It's been going on since before we moved to San Diego in '63 & since, & one of my daughter's best friends was killed by some hot rodding a-hole in 2009 on the Jamul Rez.

So I beg to differ that my warning was from "left field" - but I do agree that it should not matter whether or not anyone is Indian or not to be careful & considerate while going through the Rez!

As an Indian, I may be more sensitive to such issues than you are, but then you haven't lived with 65 years of prejudice .... having rednecks in an 18 wheeler trying to chase you down in a gutless VW Westy with your 2 kid's on board, or refused service in several SoCal Denny's (as if Denny's should be uppity),etc., etc.

Different perspectives I guess, but Thanx, for setting this ole Injun straight on that point!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
sb914
Two weeks! icon_bump.gif
76-914
Sent payment 7-24 and the list shows I've not paid? confused24.gif
ndfrigi
coming very soon!
bump to top
sb914
Less than two weeks.Anyone who's on the "list" that can't make it,please chime in so we get a accurate head count .
See y'all soon. driving.gif
914_7T3
Spoke to Oscar on Monday and wanted to advise that three more plan to attend. My friend Jay who is a 914 & 911 owner and 2 of his P-Car friends from San Diego. I will confirm by Thursday so you have an accurate head count.

Looking forward to this event!

beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
Excellent, phatnine11 also confirmed for 2 and will pay upon arrival.

Anyone else? We are in the home stretch of preparation so chime in or PM if you want to join us.

We are making some one-off unique giveaways for attending members.

We expect excellent weather and we promise a great time.

We will send out a PM to all registered attendees by this Friday with last details and event address.

Oscar
Call / Text 714.823.9080
rhodyguy
This has the makings for a great event. 309.gif wish I lived closer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.