Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spy photo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jetsetsurfshop
Took these pictures in Naples Fl. Theres was two of these cars (black) with two 911s (black). They were driving really slow in a convoy. The from tof the car was all Porsche looking, the rear had that body wide tail light. confused24.gif
Just thought it these were neat and wanted to share.
Is this a 911 mid engine?
driving.gif
Jetsetsurfshop
Second photo, sorry about the poor quality.
beerchug.gif
Tom_T
It looks like the current 2017 or 18 991.2 911 (991.2 changed to the vertical engine vent bars & full width taillights).

Just look on your local P-dealer's website, or at the main Porsche website under new model releases to see if any match your pix.

If they were a new unreleased model, then you'd see body cammo on them, which is hard to miss. We see all sorts of cammo'ed new cars here in SoCal etc.

PS - I can't read the badge nor plates, but they look to be Georgia Mfgr plates, & PCNA is based in ATL. It also looks like the moveable "active" rear spoiler is in the retracted/down position.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
7TPorsh
nice brake light
Jetsetsurfshop
I just thought it was weird the way they cars appeared. All four had Georgia tags and two of the cars had no badging. I did see the rear wing up, but it went down before I could get a pic. Maybe they were just delivering the car and left the plastic over the shiny bit? huh.gif

Ferg
That is most certainly a test mule. GA plates make sense since PCA headquarters. Likely data logging info on a new engine configuration and or component. It's also possible as the back is a little wonky looking that it a mid engine configuration hidden well.
tygaboy
Being all about mid engines, I'd love to be wrong but the distance from the rear door edge to the tire center line looks too short for that to be mid engine.
But who knows. Maybe they aren't running a traditional longitudinal trans config...
76-914
They have identical license plate numbers. huh.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 28 2017, 03:08 PM) *

They have identical license plate numbers. huh.gif

My two cars have identical plate numbers as well. Whaaaat!!! biggrin.gif
halmil
The new 911 race car is mid engine, but the rear is much longer than these to accommodate the engine ahead of the rear axle
flmont
I don't think Porsche would ever build a Mid-Engine 911,.that would mean they goofed back in the late sixties when they favored the 911 over the 914.
My 914
They are rear engine (turbo) 911's with the newer grill pattern in the back. The tail light that goes across the rear of the car indicates that it is an all wheel drive "4" or "4S" model.
914forme
QUOTE(flmont @ Jun 28 2017, 07:51 PM) *

I don't think Porsche would ever build a Mid-Engine 911,.that would mean they goofed back in the late sixties when they favored the 911 over the 914.

They have built several all ready shades.gif
flmont
well I mean production / replace the rear mounted engine,
My 914
QUOTE(flmont @ Jun 28 2017, 07:51 PM) *

I think the Cayman and Boxster represent their current mid engine 911ish idea. I also think they did goof back in the late sixties by not focusing on the 914.
carr914
They were probably at the old Goodyear/Harley Davidson Test Track. When I worked for VW-Audi as a Test Driver, 95 % of our time was in Florida because of the Heat & Sun

Me on the Title Page of Autoweek!

Click to view attachment

Me and Michael Schumacher on the same page in the article

Click to view attachment

gereed75
Where is this test track??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.