Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Patrick motor mount w/ rubber bushings?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bradtho
I had the PMS weld-in 6 motor mount installed a couple years ago and am about to actually put the engine in. I'm hearing some complaints about noise & vibration from other street car owners. Has anyone tried using rubber bushes instead of the stock poly-carb?

I'll be running a 3.2 w/ DME, and it's a daily driver, so if its annoyingly loud or rough it won't be fun for long.

alternately, other regular street drivers w/ the PMS mount have experience they'd share to settle me down, or confirm I should think of something else?
mepstein
Get the car up and running. Then sort it if you need to. Enjoy the six. beerchug.gif
bradtho
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 28 2017, 03:17 PM) *

Get the car up and running. Then sort it if you need to. Enjoy the six. beerchug.gif

yeah, just looking to see if anyone had tried this and thought it was worth it or not, or had a line on rubber in these dimensions
Elliot Cannon
Maybe once you get the car running, the speed, power, acceleration and sound of that 3.2 might negate any annoying vibration. Hell! Noise and vibration is how I know my car is actually running! av-943.gif
Steve
I have a stock injected 3.2 with the RJ mount. I don't know how you could hear anything over the engine anyway. I had to buy a bigger amp for the stereo, so I could hear the radio.
SKL1
Who listens to a radio in a 914??? smile.gif

Didn't even bother putting a radio back in the '73 when I redid it. There is an oil pressure gauge in its place...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.