Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I just got a message "I own 914Rubber" oh boy!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
So I'm told. Someone has posted a picture of my 914 on Instagram and they're saying that I own 914Rubber.com! blink.gif

I don't. I'm flattered that someone thinks my car is Instagram worthy. Someone should tell the Whitesell boys that the new boss will be by to pick up his keys next Monday! lol-2.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif
Rand
You only wish you could enjoy his "jet set" life. (Kidding of course, knowing what this part of the business means.)

Your car is a sweet model, Rob.

Andyrew
I sent a message to correct it. Whoever runs that instagram account does not know much about the 914 community.
ConeDodger
What instagram account is it Andrew? I didn't join until last night.

In the mean time, I'm demoting Mark to shipping and receiving... happy11.gif
Andyrew
Click to view attachment
flipb
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 29 2017, 10:29 AM) *

That account has posted promotions for Auto Atlanta in the recent past... perhaps affiliated with them.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(flipb @ Jun 29 2017, 11:34 AM) *

That account has posted promotions for Auto Atlanta in the recent past... perhaps affiliated with them.

I'd doubt that connection flipb. AutoAtlanta would never say anything nice about 914Rubber. blink.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 29 2017, 07:47 AM) *

I'd doubt that connection flipb. AutoAtlanta would never say anything nice about 914Rubber. blink.gif

Why not? AA buys lots of things from 914rubber and resells them.

I agree, it looks like its a AA account.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 29 2017, 12:04 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 29 2017, 07:47 AM) *

Why not? AA buys lots of things from 914rubber and resells them.

I agree, it looks like its a AA account.

Not so much anymore.

George: how much for 10,000 reproduction dashboards?

Mark: 10,000? I can do that for $200/unit.

George: ok, I'll take 10. Here's a check for $1000. Balance 90 days after delivery. dry.gif

That relationship was kind of friends without benefit for Mark...
ConeDodger
So Mark, now that I "own" 914Rubber, I want you to take one of everything out of stock and send it to me for "long term testing." happy11.gif
ConeDodger
All kidding aside about owning 914Rubber, the best thing about this picture for me? My son and his girlfriend high fiving each other in the background. Those two are so cute together...

wub.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 29 2017, 08:18 AM) *

Not so much anymore.

George: ok, I'll take 10. Here's a check for $1000. Balance 90 days after delivery. dry.gif

So did Mark send him 1 that was junk and tell him the rest were on back order?

av-943.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jun 29 2017, 02:07 PM) *

Not so much anymore.

av-943.gif

bURN happy11.gif
AZBanks
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jun 29 2017, 11:07 AM) *

Not so much anymore.

av-943.gif

You Sir, have won the internet for today!!!!! pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 29 2017, 09:11 AM) *

So Mark, now that I "own" 914Rubber, I want you to take one of everything out of stock and send it to me for "long term testing." happy11.gif

I think you're wrong. It really means that Mark owns your car. You better return it before he reports it stolen.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jun 30 2017, 12:05 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 29 2017, 09:11 AM) *

I think you're wrong. It really means that Mark owns your car. You better return it before he reports it stolen.

blink.gif
EdwardBlume
I thought that 914 was owned by some smog punk..... blink.gif
pete000
Next thing you know you will be invited to Luftgekuhlt 5!
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 28 2017, 10:20 PM) *

So I'm told. Someone has posted a picture of my 914 on Instagram and they're saying that I own 914Rubber.com! blink.gif

I don't. I'm flattered that someone thinks my car is Instagram worthy. Someone should tell the Whitesell boys that the new boss will be by to pick up his keys next Monday! lol-2.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif

The guy that runs that instagram known as Porsche.914 is a stand up, good + honest man; on instagram you just need to screen and authenticate the source of the car pics that are inbound to you for re-posting . When he realized his mistake, he cleared it up with an explanation of the correct owner Rob. I asked Rob on that post what he would do as owner of 914Rubber for 24 hours...and Andrew, Rob and myself had some fun lol-2.gif
Marty
Krieger
Rob, sell 914 Rubber on eBay! Quick!
Mikey914
Well technically you all own a piece of 914rubber. It just resides on your cars. I would have to say that Rob does have a good share on his.

This is what happens when I'm out of the office for a few days. Spent the day doing the oral exam for the new airplane. Come back and Robs in charge biggrin.gif

I would love to own Rob's car. It's totally sorted out and has quite a few extra ponies under the back deck lid. Sadly, it's more like the story of the contractor who build others houses, his is not finished. I like my car, but it needs to have lots done to it!
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 29 2017, 10:44 PM) *
. Spent the day doing the oral exam for the new airplane.

I'm not sure you have to lick an airplane when you get it, but if you really feel the need to...

wink.gif

--DD
Mikey914
Busted that out nicely. I F'n love this airplane. Auto throttles, auto brakes, auto land. Dark cockpit concept, way different than the DHC8-400.
I decided to fly my last leg in the Q4 raw data just because I could. My FO had never seen anyone do this before, so why not?

Training is pretty fast on this one, should be on the line end of the month, just building hours.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 1 2017, 02:26 PM) *

Busted that out nicely. I F'n love this airplane. Auto throttles, auto brakes, auto land. Dark cockpit concept, way different than the DHC8-400.
I decided to fly my last leg in the Q4 raw data just because I could. My FO had never seen anyone do this before, so why not?

Training is pretty fast on this one, should be on the line end of the month, just building hours.

Nice. When I was flying the Pilatus PC12 from the right seat, I was asking the our pilot about all of the auto-nav and such. He said, "fly the plane. you didn't learn to fly so the plane could fly for you did you?" evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger
Oh, I forgot to yell -

ABORT!!! av-943.gif lol-2.gif laugh.gif
Larmo63
We all DO own a piece of 914 Rubber as Mark stated.

When is the IPO for real shares?
Matty900
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jun 29 2017, 10:15 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 28 2017, 10:20 PM) *

The guy that runs that instagram known as Porsche.914 is a stand up, good + honest man; on instagram you just need to screen and authenticate the source of the car pics that are inbound to you for re-posting . When he realized his mistake, he cleared it up with an explanation of the correct owner Rob. I asked Rob on that post what he would do as owner of 914Rubber for 24 hours...and Andrew, Rob and myself had some fun lol-2.gif
Marty

The car may not be 914Rubber's but the photo was. This guy is taking the photos that I took at the event and posting them as his own. confused24.gif he just posted another one of Rob's car that I took. WTF???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.