Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump and filter mounting question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rad23racer
I've been looking around for fuel pump mounting ideas and haven't really found anything that looks like the definitive answer.

75 914. My fuel pump access door is missing. The previous owner had the fuel pump lying in the front trunk with wire nuts making the connection and then was wired to a switch and single glass fuse under the dash with the wires just twisted together. I'm guessing this was to bypass the fuel pump relay as my car has carbs.

I want to keep the pump up front under the tank. I can see the bracket where the filter is supposed to mount but it's just two ears that form a shelf...nothing to actually secure the filter.

I'm going to order the tangerine racing line to run to the engine compartment as the plastic lines crumbled as I was trying to put them back in the clips.

I'm fine with purchasing a new pump and filter....just want something that will be securely mounted, safe, and trouble free.

Pictures and links are appreciated. Thanks.
Mark Henry
I'm using a Carter in the stock location, good but they are huge, many like the CB pump. I don't care for the Faucet pump, but it works.

I would mount it on rubber isolators as they make some noise. Rivnuts make for a nice install.
saigon71
I'd place a WTB ad in the classifieds for the original fuel pump blister and buy a pump that fits.

Mine's a 74. I relocated the pump to the 75-76 location over the winter. I looked at other options for pump mounting, but in my opinion, none were better than the factory 75-76 setup.
LowBridge
I've used both the CB and the faucet pumps... thoughts

1. Faucet pumps are loud and will put out 4-5 psi constant pressure. It will not mount cleanly in the stock location but it can be done and i like the riv-nut idea

2. CB mounts perfectly in the stock location and has a constant pressure of 3-4 psi. however its so dam quite you cannot tell it's running lol-2.gif . one other point on the CB pump it's a DC rotary pump so if you get it mounted and have not pressure at the carbs and also at the same time here a bubbling noise coming from the fuel tank you have the leads on backways... ask me how I know this av-943.gif

eitherway both are great options for carbs...
Mark Henry
I'm using a Malpassi fuel regulator, about $65 from aircooled.net or Pierce manifolds.
I'm going to run it after the carbs and have a return back to the tank.
I have a small Holley pressure gauge plumbed in before the regulator. You would put the gauge after the reg on a traditional system.

This method is suppose to give you cool gas all the time like an FI system.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.