Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR off topic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dtjaden
For those of us that had to take the long way around to get to Mammoth earlier this month - Tioga Pass (CA 120 across Yosemite NP) finally opened today.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dtjaden @ Jun 29 2017, 10:20 PM) *
For those of us that had to take the long way around to get to Mammoth earlier this month - Tioga Pass (CA 120 across Yosemite NP) finally opened today.

wacko.gif
Andyrew
Sigh...

Would have been completely different routes as well if it were not for the snow. Next time we "Do Yosemite" we'll have a hotel WEST of Yosemite...
Steve
I had a great time anyway. I made the best of it by going skiing!!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 30 2017, 02:37 PM) *

Sigh...

Would have been completely different routes as well if it were not for the snow. Next time we "Do Yosemite" we'll have a hotel WEST of Yosemite...

Sure! Pass the problem on to me! blink.gif

Actually, it would still work as I can go 80 to 99 or 5 so... biggrin.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 30 2017, 08:31 PM) *

Sigh...

You had the shortest trip of everyone by far this year, your due for a longer haul biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 1 2017, 02:06 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 30 2017, 08:31 PM) *

Sigh...

You had the shortest trip of everyone by far this year, your due for a longer haul biggrin.gif

happy11.gif
jim_hoyland
How many miles from Mammoth to Sacramento using the 120 ?
stevend914
Not sure...but I don't think that would have shortened my drive! smile.gif
Dtjaden
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 1 2017, 08:45 PM) *

Hi Jim,

It would be about 240 miles. While it is not the most direct route it is the most scenic.
wes
Turns out it was a beautiful drive and no traffic, no problem. I enjoyed the drive both to and from. In the end another great WCR thanks to all.
Coondog
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 1 2017, 08:45 PM) *

I will be taking that drive from Sac to Yosemite then down the 120 to the 395 in Sept. sadly not in my 914 sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.