Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found original owner!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
I just recently located the original owner who purchased my car new in San Diego in 1976. He sent me a few pictures of the car from back then. Here's a picture of the car then and now. When I purchased the car twenty years ago from an intermediate owner, it did not have the side graphics, the original exhaust or the original rims.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

flat4guy
Very cool, love seeing the original pics of cars.
EdwardBlume
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
Coondog
I too found and talked with my 914s original owner but no pictures.
Nice add to your collection, congrats.
Tom_T
Very cool Curtis!
beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
jtprettyman
That is absolutely awesome. Put yourself in his shoes and think of some car guy calling you in 30+ years about one you loved. Always dreamed of going after the Vette my dad used to own.
Krieger
Cool! How did you find him?
Andyrew
Very cool!!!
banananose914
QUOTE(jtprettyman @ Jun 30 2017, 09:08 PM) *

That is absolutely awesome. Put yourself in his shoes and think of some car guy calling you in 30+ years about one you loved. Always dreamed of going after the Vette my dad used to own.

That's cool. If I could find any of the previous owner's of my car, I would be in jail for murder. Based on the "work" that was done, I'm sure they were toothless carneys.
oakdalecurtis
I had the original owners manual in my 914 file on the car. I was looking through it recently and noticed his name, date and place of purchase in the middle pages. It was an unusual name so I did some internet research and found him in a few phone calls. He and his wife were flabbergasted. They live about two hours away and said they come to my area sometimes. I offered, of course, for them to come by and take it for a spin, again. I can't imagine how that would feel after 40 years. He explained that the 914 was his and his wife's "spur of the minute buy" when they were eating dinner out one night and saw it on the Porsche dealers lot next door to the restaurant. They bought it on an impulse, and he and his wife had many memories in it. He also said he taught his son how to drive a stick with it. He sold it to buy a boat and a truck he needed, and of course, wishes he hadn't now! cheer.gif
Krieger
Fun story!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.