914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mskala
Odyssey battery mounted. Thanks to MXMARK for
the hold-down. 15 lbs, with enough power for the
weather most of us would be driving in.

Not mounted to the tray, I already had a bottom plate
that fit over the tray and is held down by the bolt and
notch on the other side.

Just another way of making the car more left-heavy.
Qarl
Yes.... I like the juice... the juice... it is GOOD!

J P Stein
38 to 14 lbs. Spark is gud, but adding lightness is better
mskala
The thing that gets me is that the tech guys used to come over and
practically throw themselves on my normal-sized battery. Hmm,
200lbs on a 38lb item; I guess they think my car is turning like an F16.
The channel on the outboard side is bent at this point.
MXMARK
Mark, it looks good. Thanks Mark here is mine in black
ottox914
J.P.- that is one smooth install- which model battery is that, and where did you source it? I want to duplicate that in my car!
bd1308
that name creeps me out.....otto
d914
there is an acura site that sells them for $109 for the battery and 70 for the hold down. Thats about the best I've seen..
Qarl
MUCH cheaper here!

Here is the 680 Model

http://www.gotbatteries.com/Productpage.as...uctNum=37L105S5

Here are all the rest.

http://www.gotbatteries.com/products/slaba...ies/Odyssey.asp

Best prices that I could find...
J P Stein
Karl nailed it. It's the first instance that I've found something more expensive at Summit Racing. confused24.gif

The aluminum strap tightens against the battery as the hold down screw tightens. The upset in the trunk floor keeps it from moving laterally.....the spot is like it was made for it biggrin.gif

I loaded oil yesterday and it spins the motor over nicely. Today we add gas & lightem' up.
d914
Damn!!!! next one I get is from there. even with the add on posts ( were included with mine) still cheaper!!!! COOOL...
Marv's3.6six
Anybody used one of these for a significant amount of time?
Will it spin a 3.6? huh.gif
d914
I've used it to spin my race motor that was outside in 40 degrees and colder over night. Got it going with no outside help. I carry one of those emergency chargers to help with the starts...haven't used it yet...I've been pretty impressed to date. Been in car 6 months.....long term storage with occasional re starts...no problem.. no outside drain, cut off switch.
MXMARK
QUOTE (Marv's3.2six @ May 16 2005, 05:59 AM)
Anybody used one of these for a significant amount of time?
Will it spin a 3.6? huh.gif

Marv, I have been using one in my 911 for about 9 months now with no problem. Let me know I have these batteries new from my work. And I should be able to get another box. I have been told that I should be using a 925 instead of the 680 in my 911 because of all of the accs. A/C, radio, cruise, windows, etc. but the 680 has worked well. My 911 turns over quicker then my big 2.5L 4 cylinder with the 680. The 680 works well in the 914 but my stereo has a drain I need a cut-off swicth. Good luck with the 3.6L Thank you Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.