Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Very Poor Idling
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kliney30
HI,

I've recently replaced the stock exhaust with a bursch one and set the timing at the same time. However, I'm now having some idling problems. which existed before the timing was set. I have a 1975 2.0L and it's idling really low and stalling out. I've replaced the throttle body gasget, and checked the vacuum hoses for leaks. What else could be the culprit?? It seems as though it's not getting enough air but I can't figure out what's restricting it.

I've head the aux. air regulator could be the culprit, but it happens even when the car is heated up. How can I test this without putting it in a toaster as I've read about.

Also, any other things I should look for? Would the fuel mixture need to be reset after a new exhaust is put on?

Any other ideas for what to check are greatly appreciated.

Evan
scotty914
there is am idle screw on the throttle body,warm the car up. set the idle to 800 rpm. when cool the aar will up the idel to 1200 or so. to test it just pull it out of the car hook 12 volts up to it, after 15 mins or so try to blow thru it. you should not be able to then after it cools you should be able to.
kliney30
Thanks for the response. It turned out that the Aux. air regulator was not the culprit but rather a missing vacuum hose. The hose connecting the distrubitor to the manifold was not connected, nor has it been for the two years I've had this car. Go figure, the Porsche mechanic I took it to never realized there were multiple hoses not connected. Need a new mechanic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.