Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking brake bruise, who else has done this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mramber
Ok for about the third year in a row, I have suffered a deep bruise in my right side rib cage. The cause? Leaning into work on any cables or wires under the dash while laying on the parking brake lever while it is set. You don't feel it at first, but that thing digs in after a while and turns purple and f-ing hurts a day later. Yes, I should release the brake before I start climbing in, I get it, but I never seem to remember. Am I the only guy that has to relearn this lesson every year??
Steve
Happens to me also. I usually try to remember to put it in gear and not set the brake.
If it is a major hassle you could go to the two piece early collapsible one.
jim_hoyland
agree.gif E-Brake off, car in gear. Plus, a quick -Release steering wheel allows a lot more room to move about, especially under the dash around near the fuse panel
My 914
One of the body's hints about the aging process. I've had it happen when my knee touches the center console too long while driving. It's worse if you're on blood thinners. Even baby aspirin can affect it. A little reminder to be careful, that's all.
burton73
Pain? I will trade my pain for yours and I do not even know how old you are.

Bob B
headbang.gif
914Sixer
That's why they make pillows to lay across the damm thing.
VegasRacer
Parking brake? Never. (Don't have one as result of 5 lug conversion.)

Roll cage? headbang.gif Ouch!
jeffdon
Parking brake? Never put mine back in. I curb my wheels, leave it in gear, and if need be, I have a block of 4x4 I will chock my wheels with.
rgalla9146
Install an early handle....a far better design smile.gif
worn
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jul 3 2017, 03:26 AM) *

Install an early handle....a far better design smile.gif

Now that I have an earlier car, I actually agree. They are a bit tricky to fully release.

I HATE under dash work. I have found two aids. One is a lift. Then you work standing up. Without that, the other thing that helps is one of those seats for the bath tub with adjustable legs. I bought one for my parents visits (and soon may need it for my own agedness). You can adjust them to match the height of the car seat and then you have a kind of bench to lie on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.