Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: adjusting weltmeister sway bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikelsr
I need to adjust my weltmeister adjustable sway bar to help tighten up my front end (the PO installed it). So before I go out and start adjusting the bar I would like to know the best way to do it. Is there any tension on the bar already so when I loosen the bolt to adjust it I get smacked? I have scars on my hands from this type of thing before and as I get older it takes longer to heal. sad.gif

Is it just a matter of gaining access, loosening up the bolt and sliding the clamp? I have not had to do this before so any help is welcome.

Thanks
eeyore
Depending on how stiff the bar is, you may have to loosen both sides first, then slide the droplinks.

There shouldn't be much pre-load on the bar, plus the thing is held fairly captive by the nuts & bolts, so nothing should go flying around to smack you.

I'm off to go do this exact thing to my car...
mikelsr
Thanks! Man that reply was fast... clap.gif

M
xsboost90
wheres a good starting point to adjust from? i put one on but wasnt sure where exactly the midpoint would be. i set the slider in the center of the bar. Then the "tie rods are on the link about half way.
9144guy
the car has to be loaded, leave on side loose then load the car, then make the final adjustments on the ground. bolt should slide trough the lower swivel joint easy.
xsboost90
should the lower "tie rod" be turned onto the link all the way tight, or is that part of the adjustablility?
9144guy
lower tierod? the sway bar has adjustable droplinks, set the right side in the middle,where ever you set the upper slide peice. set the upper peice in the same spot,then load the car, then adjust the left droplink, tighten then slide bolt through the hime goint with ease nice and smooth.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.