Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas Gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
80cap
My 76 fuel gauge pegs to the full mark. The low fuel light works. New sender in the tank. The diagrams I found show the solid green wire to the spade terminal marked G. the other terminal is marked +. the diagram show a double ground. Any link to a different diagram or drawing would be great.
Brian
80cap
I don't exactly know how I fixed it but it now works! When I disconnected the ground wire from the brake warning light that also made the buzzer buzz continuously the fuel gauge started to work. Go figure. WTF.gif
forrestkhaag
The G stands for "Gauge" as in the signal wire from the tank sender. + is 12V switched power, and the brown wires are always negative to ground.

Sounds like you may have had a sender float stuck if the full position or the empty position and it got freed up. The good news is that it now works. I spent a few weeks without a fuel gauge and used an aluminum dipstick that I bead blasted so I could see the level in the tank / only ran out of gas once....... A good working gauge is much better..........

beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
My gas gauge works (kinda). I re-set my odometer to zero whenever I fill up. When it gets close to 250 miles, I start thinking about filling up again. When it reads 300 miles I start to "seriously" think about filling up again. biggrin.gif
80cap
Well that was short lived. It's back to full right peg. I must have a wire going to ground. No one said this restoration hobby would be easy. headbang.gif
KELTY360
confused24.gif I don't understand the issue. Sounds to me like you've got a full tank all the time. piratenanner.gif
timothy_nd28
Double brown should go to the terminal with the tiny nut (left terminal in the pic). Double red wire goes to the bottom terminal. Green wire goes to the top terminal.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.