Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Admin - getting permission error
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
I just tried searching for some postings of Root_Werks and when I clicked on a couple, there was an error message that came up, something like I didn't have permission.

The search criteria I used was subject: 6, user name Root_Werks

Here's a couple of the links the search brought back that I couldn't get to:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=10&t=24777&hl=

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=10&t=25922&hl=

What's going on???? wacko.gif
Rusty
Those topics have been deleted, I'm sure. Sorry. smile.gif
watsonrx13
Can I ask why? The postings I was looking for were the /6 conversion and attaching fiberglass flares by Root_Werks.
Gint
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ May 14 2005, 05:06 PM)
Can I ask why?  The postings I was looking for were the /6 conversion and attaching fiberglass flares by Root_Werks.

You'll have to ask Dan (root_werks). He routinely cleans up (deletes) threads he starts. As the thread owner he can do that.

Why do you guys always assume an admin deleted a thread? Or would know why a thread was deleted by the owner? It gets old after a while. 99.8% of thread deleteions occur by the thread owner.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Gint @ May 14 2005, 04:27 PM)
99.8% of thread deleteions occur by the thread owner.

make that 99.9% ...

the only threads/posts that get deleted by the admins is the occassional indian home typing ad (spam) or stuff from alfred ...

everything else is deleted by the thread/post owner!
rolleyes.gif Andy
bd1308
you mean this guy ( alfred.gif ) still posts here?
SirAndy
QUOTE (bd1308 @ May 14 2005, 08:21 PM)
you mean this guy ( alfred.gif ) still posts here?

he's trying but the admins are doing a good job keeping him at bay ...
wink.gif Andy
watsonrx13
QUOTE (Gint @ May 14 2005, 06:27 PM)
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ May 14 2005, 05:06 PM)
Can I ask why?  The postings I was looking for were the /6 conversion and attaching fiberglass flares by Root_Werks.

You'll have to ask Dan (root_werks). He routinely cleans up (deletes) threads he starts. As the thread owner he can do that.

Why do you guys always assume an admin deleted a thread? Or would know why a thread was deleted by the owner? It gets old after a while. 99.8% of thread deleteions occur by the thread owner.

Thanks guys. I never assume that the admins delete any threads, except the obvious ones. I also assumed that the owner, Dan, deleted his thread. I just wanted him to realize that there are some of us that appreciate the time and effort put into these techincal and highly informative posts and often times refer back to them. I'm disappointed that he has deleted these posts as I was using them to gauge the time, effort and cost for my next project.

Unfortunately I am seeing more and more of the really good technical posts being deleted which leaves more of the 'useless bunny-eared' posts left. I understand that this is a 'garage-based' forum and anything (within reason) is allowed. It just seems that as this forum matures, it is moving in the same direction that PP has reached.

Thanks again for the info. BTW, I think the admins are doing a great job... smilie_pokal.gif

Gint
agree.gif Completely.

But... I respect the thread owners desire also. So...

PM Dan and ask him if it's all right if they are put back into the garage. If so, forward his PM to me and I will restore the threads.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.