Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E-brake Cable Problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kkid
Hey guys,

So my Creamsicle project is coming to the end. Got a new paint, good engine and tranny, and etc. The rear brake calipers are stuck so I switched those with other pair. Now it has fairly new PMB massaged calipers and was easy to adjust the clearance with no problems. But when I connected the e-brake cables to the calipers one cable is too short to attach to the arm so it tends to pull the arm with the e-brake handle in down position. I have already adjusted to max at the cable housing adjusting nuts at the firewall.

Do I have a wrong cable or can I adjust the angle of the caliper arm???
OR
I have screwed up something????

Other side is within the adjustable range to not pull at rest position.

Has anybody else encountered this before?

Thanks,

kkid smile.gif
McMark
Also make sure that the 'yoke' (?) behind the driver's seat is sitting equally. It could be stuck in a position that's shortening one side.

And by adjusted to the max, you mean the nuts are turned all the way onto the threads? (i.e. all threads inside the tube)
kkid
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 4 2017, 08:56 AM) *

Also make sure that the 'yoke' (?) behind the driver's seat is sitting equally. It could be stuck in a position that's shortening one side.

And by adjusted to the max, you mean the nuts are turned all the way onto the threads? (i.e. all threads inside the tube)

Thanks Mark!

Will check the york to see if it's stuck.
kkid
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 4 2017, 08:56 AM) *

you're absolutely right. the yoke was angled and frozen due to rust. I pulled the cable hard to connect the end of the cable to the caliper arm then pulled the handle up and released.

I now have a working e-brake on my 914!!!

Thanks!

kkid smile.gif

rgalla9146
The yoke is marked 'oben' which is German for up or top.
Now that it pivots make sure it is right side up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.