Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guess the bolt....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raynekat
Sorting through some of the bolts I had re-plated that weren't documented too well on my 914-6 conversion.
Some of these might be 914-4 parts only?

Click to view attachment

From the top down....

1st pair are (2) M12x125 bolts

2nd pair down are (2) M10x110 bolts
with one have a special half moon head (starter bolt?)

3rd pair down are (2) M12x80 bolts

4th pair down are (2) M10x55 bolts with a funny locking feature at the end of the threads

5th pair down are (2) M10x90 socket (allen) head bolts

last pair are (2) M10x50 socket (allen) head bolts

Any help identifying some of these would be greatly appreciated. Have a great Fourth!
worn
QUOTE(raynekat @ Jul 4 2017, 12:22 PM) *

Sorting through some of the bolts I had re-plated that weren't documented too well on my 914-6 conversion.
Some of these might be 914-4 parts only?

Click to view attachment

From the top down....

1st pair are (2) M12x125 bolts

2nd pair down are (2) M10x110 bolts
with one have a special half moon head (starter bolt?)

3rd pair down are (2) M12x80 bolts

4th pair down are (2) M10x55 bolts with a funny locking feature at the end of the threads

5th pair down are (2) M10x90 socket (allen) head bolts

last pair are (2) M10x50 socket (allen) head bolts

Any help identifying some of these would be greatly appreciated. Have a great Fourth!

They look a lot like the collection I had as the 6 conversion progressed. I want to say the allen heads are for suspension, and the big ones on the left are for tranny mounts. But I am not very certain. I suspect you will need them unless you are ridding yourself of more than the motor. I found I had duplicates because I bought a 911 front suspension with steering rack. So some of the bolts I took off the car were replaced by the same parts from the 911.
raynekat
So spent some more time with 914-4 parts diagrams late this afternoon sipping an IPA.

The 1st pair are the transmission mount bolts....thx worn.
2nd pair are starter mounting bolts.
3rd pair hold the front suspension cross member on.
4th pair look like they hold the rear suspension consoles in....but there are normally 6, where are my other 4? Maybe replaced already in the parts bags.
5th are 914-4 front engine mounts, so I won't be needing those
lastly are 911 muffler clamp bolts

Mystery over.
Note to self: next time, take better notes of what everything is before stuffing them in baggies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.