Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bilstein shock perch settings?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drem914
I am about to install new Bilstein shocks in the rear of my '75 914 with 140# Weltmeister springs. I am trying to get the setting right the first time instead of installing and reinstalling a few times. Does anyone have a rule of thumb on where the ride height adjusts to based on which ring of the shock you set the spring perch? So far in researching many of the previous topic strings, i have typically seen the response to set it in the middle and then see where you go form there. since so many people have done this already, I am trying to get a ride height at about 1-1/2" from top of wheel to fender edge. Wheel size is 7x16 with 205/50 tires. Any help would be appreciated.
toolguy
4th groove from the bottom, but you realize it is dependent on the compress height of your particular springs
mepstein
I went 4th from the bottom on 165 lb springs and a 3.2 engine. It's a little low. I need to raise it up one notch. If I had a 4 engine in it it might be fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.