Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I gotta new job
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
I've been the owner of a cabinet shop for the last 15 years. It's afforded me to pursue my 914 addiction some years, and forced me to sell most everything I owned other years. This year has been one of the latter. My internet has been off for a month, and the rent and utilities are in danger of the same. The lord answered my prayers this week. A major local general contractor called me with a very lucrative offer, and I accepted. I am now a project manager for Klienco construction. They specialize in high end residential remodel. The best part is I get to keep my cabinet/914 shop.

It will take a few weeks to get caught up, and I'll be back online again. I miss this place and everyone here (cept maybe Alfred).

See ya in a couple of weeks.
Hawktel
Awesome new man! Good to hear!
Gint
SOunds great Curt! Do what you gotta do. We'll be here when you get back.
skline
Yeah, congrats on the new Job. I know it will make things a lot easier on you all the way around. We are not going anywhere so take your time, get things back in order and come on back and join us.
redshift
I wondered where you had wandered off to.

I am sad that you been hurting, and glad to hear you'll be back soon, you are missed.

Congrats man! I hope this makes everything fall into place for you, I am still teetering around the edges at times myself.

M
rick 918-S
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Kick os ass and make some money! We'll be around. If you need anything we can help with, just ask. wavey.gif
Lou W
Congratulations smash.gif
Eddie914
Congrats!

Finding new work is never fun!

Best Regards,

Eddie
CptTripps
The best move I ever made was switching from owing my own company, to working for another company...that runs other people's companies. Not that it's what you are doing, but the relief of 'how can we stay a-float' being lifted off your shoulders is amazing.

About a year later, we bought the company I'd started...that was pretty cool too.

That's a great move...I wish you all the best.
seanery
great news Curt!
TheCabinetmaker
I'm back!!!!!! Online that is.

It would seem that a few weeks has turned into about 16 months confused24.gif

Shortly after I started my new job, our local power company removed the cox cable lines from the power poles. They have been at odds with each other since about who was paying to reinstall the lines. Then another great thing happened to me in may of this year. I met a young lady who has stolen my heart wub.gif . She's a gearhead, and loves sportscars. Drives a purple corvette driving-girl.gif , but loves my 914.
We now reside together where internet is available, so here I am again.

I've missed this place, but won't spend as much time here as I used to.

Glad to be back, Curt

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Oct 1 2006, 05:53 PM) *

It would seem that a few weeks has turned into about 16 months confused24.gif

Shortly after I started my new job, our local power company removed the cox cable lines from the power poles. They have been at odds with each other since about who was paying to reinstall the lines. Then another great thing happened to me in may of this year. I met a young lady who has stolen my heart wub.gif . She's a gearhead, and loves sportscars. Drives a purple corvette driving-girl.gif , but loves my 914.
We now reside together where internet is available, so here I am again.

I've missed this place, but won't spend as much time here as I used to.

Glad to be back, Curt

Ahhhh.. so that is the other name on your MUSR entry form....... biggrin.gif

Glad you are back, and Glad you want to come to MUSR 8.

BTW.. Betty wants to give you a hug, and she hopes your new SO won't mind.....she is making Trophies for MUSR, and is learning the HARD way about how to do finish staining of wood. She has a newfound respect for your profession. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Oct 1 2006, 03:53 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

who are you and what did you do with Curt ??? biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif Andy

PS: you're only about 5000 posts behind, shouldn't take more than a month to catch up ...
Bruce Allert
beer.gif I be rais'n a FAT TIAR to ya Buddy beerchug.gif
Bin wonderin 'bout'cha. Glad to see yer back & have a smile on yer face smile.gif

......b wavey.gif
Aaron Cox
welcome back matey

AA
seanery
Missed ya here, Curt!!

Glad to see you're back! smilie_pokal.gif
Dave_Darling
Have yourself a Newkie for me!

Or a Newcastle Brown Ale, for that matter!! wink.gif

--DD
Gint
Welcome back Curt. And congratulations! On all counts.
Rusty
Welcome back, Curt! w00t.gif
Joe Bob
Welcome back.....
TheCabinetmaker
thanks guys. it's nice to know you are missed, and it's nice to be back.
turboman808
Glad to hear things worked out for ya. Been there myself 2 years ago and worked my way back up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.