Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC fuel relay test
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
How would you test two things here.

One
The relay is below.
Basically
Two large spades, assume power at one, none at the other till relay is thrown.

Two small ones, one is really small, one is normal size.
I would like to bench test the relay, using the correct ground and positive lead.

Second,
On the fuse panel socket for the relay.

I am assuming I should see live power at one of the large poles when the key is off or on....
The other would be fed by the relay when triggered.

I assume one of the smaller leads would be 12vdc when the key is on, the other should be ground.

I had to take a 18 year old alarm system out because it killed the car on the side of the road, and this fuel circuit is giving me a ru for my money.

Need some help to check I am doing this right..

Rich
76-914
Test it with a flashlight battery. 1.5v won't hurt anything. Most likely the small spade is the ground to the coil. The one catty corner to it is probably the + switched connection. If so you'll hear it click. Verify continuity on the remaining 2 poles when voltage is applied to the switched side.
As far as the supply side being always hot. I don't see why it couldn't be fed by a switched source as long as it were large enough to handle the load. beerchug.gif
r_towle
ok,
I got a new fuel pump relay.
Fuse blew.

I am going to test the pump first with 12 volts to see if that works...
then find the short.

It seems that the short would be between power and the fuse, not on the other side of the relay...

I think its power----fuse----relay----pump

But the drawing I am finding are not worth looking at.

Rich
76-914
Rich, post a pic of the schematic. I don't see why it couldn't be, power-relay-fuse pump, as well. I believe either would work although the relay would be unprotected but that shouldn't be a problem. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.