Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Day late, dollar short
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nditiz1
So I was searching craigs yesterday for 914's like I usually do, but didn't do it first thing. Well a post went up in Purceville, VA (1 hour from my house) for a 1972, 2.0, partial restoration. I saw it had been posted 7 hours prior. $2500 and the pictures (2) looked decent. Matching sprayed orange bumpers, aftermarket 2.0 fuchs. The pics were from about 10 feet and he only had 2, but I thought "hell, for a running 2.0" if the rust is even moderately manageable it seems like a good deal. Needless to say the seller only returned my email (not my voicemail I left) expressing the car was sold. Missed it by that much. Today I was searching and found this one, certainly overpriced for a non running, but can you all break it down for me what the pics say? Thanks

https://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/6206578533.html
bretth
Looking at ad, seller states that only 4000 2.0 -4 ever made, rare steel alloys? I love the 'this is super rare!' made up stats people come up with. Seller doesn't know what they are talking about so do your own research. If the rust is really minimal (remember most of it usually hidden) I think the price is a little high for a non runner. Need to see the hell hole, suspensions console, and under the rocker cover for the possibly nasty rust.
mbseto
No pics of the longs or hell hole, lots of specious comments on rarity. Low-ball him hard and let him continue to fish. He will find a sucker, or if he cannot wait he may come back and take your offer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.