Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My muffler is upside down!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
Last fall I parked my car for the winter.
During the winter, I took an old 914 muffler (I had recieved with a parts car) and modified it.
The back side was rusted out so I cut it off, modified the baffles inside for better flow, welded a nice SS shell onto it and put a sexy SS oval tip and tail pipe on it.
This week I went to put it on my car with my new SS heat exchangers and voila, it dosen't fit...the exhaust is on the wrong side. headbang.gif
In order to get it to fit, I would have to cut my rear valance out on the passenger side, and I'm not doing that.
Now I have to cut it all apart and try to flip it over. sawzall-smiley.gif

Was this muffler possibly for a Van?
skline
Sure looks like it to me. But I am not a van person so i could be wrong. Most likely, I am not though.
Type 4
Type 4 Bus mufflers exit on the pass side.
davep
The VW 411 / 412 muffler was on the wrong side also, but fit to the HX no problem. So you started with a VW muffler, not a Porsche muffler.
tracks914
When I bought the car, this is all I got. This and a bunch of old parts including a (now I know) bus muffler.
Aaron Cox
still got the yellow fogs?
redshift
not yellow fogs, that car is just dead... the eyes are hazy..

m
tracks914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ May 15 2005, 03:14 PM)
still got the yellow fogs?

Yes I do but one is cracked and they aren't Hellas. I think they are cheap aftermarket fogs.
Joe Bob
Take the valance OFF....it just hides the muffler and is a trap for dirt and keeps too much heat in....plus you have an S/S muffler....show it off. idea.gif
Brando
QUOTE (tracks914 @ May 15 2005, 03:08 PM)
When I bought the car, this is all I got. This and a bunch of old parts including a (now I know) bus muffler.

rofl ... might make a better boat in that shape! lol2.gif

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.