Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't find points for 911 2.2t
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcambo7
So I have checked pelicanparts, aircooled.net, summit racing, gpr parts, and local auto stores. None have the points that is on my dizzy. It's a bosch dizzy and the part number is illegible. The engine is a 1970 or a year up or down and I am not sure if the dizzy is from the same year as the engine either. All the points I have looked at attach 180 degrees opposite of mine. I appreciate any help I can get finding the points or if someone has a set I can buy from them.

Picture is for a reference if it helps anyone.
jcambo7
Some one on the pelican 911 forums has one they are sending me, so if an admin can delete this post please.
injunmort
partsgeek shows both bosch and beru points for about $7.00. hardly a unicorn part.
porschetub
70 motor running a bosch must be one fitted later,Marreli started that year depending on engine build date,not hard to find as stated,not sure why people run points anymore as there are SO many provide better options,even more important if you don't have a firewall cutout sad.gif .
Anyway your car do as you like biggrin.gif .
injunmort
let me restate the obvious, clean that shit off the plate. intsall new points and go from there. i run points in my motorcyles and cars and dont have problems, did i mention , they run?
RickS
Switched all 3 911s and my 6 to Pertronix. No muss, no fuss, unless you need to be period correct.
porschetub
QUOTE(RickS @ Jul 8 2017, 01:30 PM) *

Switched all 3 911s and my 6 to Pertronix. No muss, no fuss, unless you need to be period correct.

agree.gif Yep thems the facts,we don't have to put up with old tech to drive our cars,installed my first Pertronix 10yrs ago on my bus,never started better and ran really well,no issues.

Running Ignitor II on my 6 powered car runs great ,also have ignitor I system on my T4 powered speedster same result.
Not starting any BS over this cause I don't really give a rats if people have had issues because I have had none ...bottom line.

I do agree with injunmort (to a point) the OP needs to clean up that dizzy cause its a mess,bet the advance plate is gummed up also.
gereed75
No debate here about Petronix I bet they are good.

I use the Crane optical. Could never get points to work in that same distributor. Suspect that as the vacuum retard plate wears and gets sloppy, it "readjusts" your point gap just enough to cause problems. The optics seem much more tolerant of this variable slop. I suspect the Petronix would be also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.