Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 lugs (ebay special)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
This post is an FYI for anyone who might be thinking about buying "chrome" lugs from EBAY.

just got my "chrome" lugs from the guy who sells them on ebay. they came all the way from the basement of the alamo.
yippee, NOT. sad.gif they look okay with the FUCHS i have, but they have 17mm heads(instead of 19) so my black plastic caps don't fit. the ball seat of them is also a bit smaller than the stock lug, so it does not sit as snug in the opening of the rim. no big deal once they are tightened, but it's about the little things. they also scratch really easily as they appear to be chrome "dipped". They are also not as heavy as the originals and i am not sure what they are constructed of. $64 down the drain. I'll only keep them on the car until i can find a some replacements. wacko.gif

p.s. the guy was a good e-bay-er, just not real happy with the product. you really do get what you pay for.
Grimstead
Thanks for the heads up, I have been really thinking about picking up a set of those as well...
Sorry you had to find out the way you did though.
SLITS
Just as a side note, there are some lug bolts that have the 17 mm head and a slightly different ball to them. They seat a little deeper into the socket in the wheel.

I'm not really sure what they were fitted to, but it was either a VW, Audi or MB.

Yes, I have a set but they are not chrome.
Mueller
I've only mentioned it like 3 times or more about those chrome ebay lug bolts not being correct...but nooooooo, nobody listens, questions or searches for the answer smile.gif

he'll take them back, or at least he was in the past......

they are mercedes aftermarket lug bolts...

do you want a part that cost about $1 or less before the mark-up holding on your wheels???? wacko.gif
ArtechnikA
go get H&R lug bolts from Mike Potter at Virtual World Parts.

they will have 17mm heads and they won't be chrome (i'm iffy on the whole chrome-plating critical fasteners thing...) and your bolt head covers won't fit. but they will be TÜV-rated bolts (good stuff) and Mike will get you a decent price. probably best to mention that you need the Kugel (ball) heads although that's the standard VW/Porsche/Audi style.

i've been dealing with VWP since 1995 or so - good guys, good parts, good service, good pries.
Mark Henry
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 15 2005, 02:29 AM)

they are mercedes aftermarket lug bolts...

Could also be VW watercooled (Jetta, Golf, etc) bolts for alloy rims.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.