Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LE - Heading to restoration!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Aircooledfool
After inspection at the restoration shop, had some disappointing news on my LE. Car has been hit in the front and has really bad repair job. Looks like we need to replace the front clip. Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
Front clip? Need a little more detail please. Starting from where?
euro911
Try very hard to keep the VIN stamp intact
thomasotten
Where in Texas are you? I have a 73 with bad floor pans which could serve as a donor front clip.

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 7 2017, 07:07 PM) *

Aircooledfool
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Jul 8 2017, 10:33 AM) *

Where in Texas are you? I have a 73 with bad floor pans which could serve as a donor front clip.

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 7 2017, 07:07 PM) *

I'm in Belton (Central Texas).
billium01
Just curious, how do you plan on repairing the damage? Grafting an entire new front onto the car or disassemble the individual parts of the replacement clip and replace whats needed? I have some front end repairs to do too. Do you have a chassis bench of some kind?

Thanks!

Bill
euro911
Just a reminder, see post # 3 shades.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 13 2017, 06:16 PM) *

Just a reminder, see post # 3 shades.gif

agree.gif
bdstone914
Looks like Temple TX from the address on the tow truck.
Aircooledfool
Quick update...after inspection on the lift, the LE is in great shape structurally except for for the front where it was hit and not repaired correctly. The plan is to find a 73-74 donor car where we can cut a straight line at mid-point on the wheel wells and remove the front from a sound car, the same on the LE and weld the pieces back together. I'm being told this is the correct way to repair a car that has been hit in front bad enough to compromise the front suspension points.

So, still looking for a suitable donor car in the central Texas area.

Thanks - sawzall-smiley.gif
914Sixer
Got a whole 74, I am stripping out in San Angelo.
Aircooledfool
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 20 2017, 06:20 PM) *

Got a whole 74, I am stripping out in San Angelo.

Let me know if the front is available and how much you would want for it.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.