Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rims for 914??? (BESIDES 15X5.5!)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
huh.gif my son is a new 914 owner. i have been frustrated and disapointed mad.gif in wheel size selection. i'd like to tap into any experiance and knowlege in this area. what can i do to increase width and (possibly 17") with out drilling 5 hole and 911 rims? ihave a set of front wheel drive 17x7 with 5.5 backspacing they fit perfectly (stuft but awsum) in rear, but are too close inboard up front by about 1+ inch (need 4.5 backspacing or addition of 1" spacer)otherwise would work with a new hole pattern drilled out.

any ideas? confused24.gif appriciate any input

thanks, mike beerchug.gif
TROJANMAN
check out this thread wink.gif
Mueller
my son is a new 914 owner. i have been frustrated and disapointed

if he's new to 914's there will be more disappointment, forget about picking up an issue of Sport Compact Cars and finding bolt-on performance parts for the 914...they do not exist sad.gif

quick summary for 4 lug rims and the 914:

in order to go wider and or wider/bigger OD, aftermarket rims are in order, as mentioned in that other thread, 15" and 17" rims by Revolution are available, not cheap like the honda rims as seen in Sport Compact or the like...you next option is cheaper custom steel rims or expensive custom rims

or you could re-drill for another bolt pattern which has been done before, but not without some problems (BTDT, and I don't think I'd do it again)

oh yea, for the rear of the 914 (stock fender), 35mm offset for a 7" rim is the magic number....you can actually fit a wider rim/tire combo up front
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.