Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Triaddave
where do I start?
70+ gal needs to deal with a showroom condition car. I viewed the car over 5 years ago. No pics ...sorry
Issue is that it not put together and in parts all over the garage. crap! does not roll, no rims, (dad sent them to have them refinished and passed on). She wants to keep the car for sentimental reasons
deceased husband didn't have time to finish the project, death got in the way
Triad gave her a price of $5k to get it road worthy.
Since then she survived cancer, too!
She just called me yesterday again...I'm trying to help.
I am already into it a few hours of my time looking at it. I am done with it.
now what?
call me at 360 280-6855 if you can help, or what I can tell her.
car is in Olympia, WA.
76-914
A bit too truncated for me to even understand.
Triaddave
She will never get the car running for what the car will be worth in the end...scrap it?
steuspeed
No way scrap this car! The 73 2.0 is the most desired. I'm sure there are people that can help you. Photos would be a big+. A clean runner is worth $12-15K and values are going up.
Amphicar770
Disassembled cars are a nightmare unless everything has been extensively well documented, tagged, stored, etc. It will take someone who is truly expert in the 914 to reassemble and then you.may discover all sorts of parts missing. Sadly, as is and given the cost / time to get it back together, it may indeed be worth more as parts than it ever will be whole.
mepstein
So have triad put it together for $5k. That's probably a good deal if it's in pieces. It's not going to assemble itself.
Ansbacher
I'm confused. Original poster starts with a "show room condition" car, then goes on to state it's in pieces all over the garage. What am I missing?

Ansbacher
EdwardBlume
Have her join the 914world and see what happens? Or hire a reputable shop to do it.
JRust
I'm talking with Dave. Going to try to get in touch with her. Buy it & get it put back together. It is missing pieces & will need a fair amount of odds & ends to put it back together. Be right up my alley if I can get it from her. At the same time the sentimental side may just keep it sitting there until she passes. We've all seen the person who will never sell the car. Despite it sitting in their yard rotting away. At least this car is indoors. I'll update when I know more
rhodyguy
So her car moves into the shop? $80hr.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.