Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: now i remember
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
spent the day with my dad today, was going to take "snow flake" [the name my daughter chose for my teener] to get a couple of new mufflers put on.

wellllll..... the mufflers i had told them i wanted to use they didnt get because they had some thing that they had in stock that cross refrenced fit.
these P.of S. were 2" nipple and necked down to about 1.5 " tube inside!

then i asked them how much the mufflers cost....... 86.00 each! aaaaahhhhggggg

i told then to ---------- ------------- ---------------!!!!!!! i'll get my own. ar15.gif

so i went up to napa and asked them if they had the muffler i wanted...... "yes sir we have two in stock" was the reply. and how much ? " $23.00 " yeah. i'll take em.

so i go to my buddies house to barrow his new welder that he hasn't even used yet.
and spend the next 4.5 hrs derusting the pipes for paint and weld- blow holes thru old thin pipe and new mufflers. welder.gif

i hate flux core wire..... smoke icon8.gif hweld hammer weld hammer headbang.gif

any ways i turn down the current and stitch the holes, paint the exhuast, and get it off the jack stands [ some thing i'm not so used to using so much seeing that the jeep that is the only other rig that i have to do much wrenching on i can almost sit under. but it looks like i'll be very intimate with them in the future] and went for the test drive... driving.gif rocking nana.gif

and my girl friend still loves me monkeydance.gif

messix
here's my girl. she's .........adjusting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.