Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle Lapping Day 05/15/05! Anyone else going?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eddie914
There is a lapping day at Bremerton Raceway today. I'll be there with the teener.

Anyone else planning on going?

Eddie
ablose58
idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif
Bleyseng
not me, stilling waiting for new pistons........
DNHunt
Eddie

You better take the swamp buggy. The puddles will be so deep a 914 will just drive in and sink.

Dave
rhodyguy
beware of the 4th gear spin on the high traction compound lurking beneath the puddles. then change your jockeys.

k
smooth_eddy
Hey Eddie...

What did you do, wait till you could find the wettest day of the year?
Eddie914
I was pretty worried about the weather and when Sunday dawned cloudy and wet, my fears were confirmed. With the price of fuel, we decided to take the ferry boat ride. I'm glad we did because the skies opened-up on the crossing from West Seattle for Southworth. By the time we got to Bremerton Raceway, the rain had stopped, but the track was pretty wet.

Wonder of wonders ... it never rained again all day.

The 914/6 ran great (when it was running). The teener had four mechanical glitches during the day but it never misses a session (just parts of a couple sessions), never had to be towed off the track, and made home under it's own power.

Glitches:

- Oil leak (only about 5 quarts!)
- Fuel leak (loose banjo fitting)
- Fuel pump power source (jumpered for now)
- Fan belt (shredded)

Good thing for friends with tools, parts, and ingenuity.

I had a great complement on the teener from a Porsche 993 Turbo owner. He complemented the simplicity of the 914. The 993 developed a minor oil leak. The engine compartment was so congested we had to remove the intercooler and lots of other intake plumbing just to get to the loose fitting.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.